Author Topic: Restore Alloys?  (Read 1056 times)

Njazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 SE Sport
Restore Alloys?
« on: September 26, 2018, 10:35:16 PM »
Hi All,

Has any one restored / repainted their Alloys?

Just bought a MK1 with original Alloys which have bubbles / blisters on them, also flakey parts and would like to get them looking nice and new again.

Thanks in advance.

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
Re: Restore Alloys?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 12:52:19 AM »
hi I had mine done locally in Plymouth, they were stripped and powder coated looked brand new incredible job, my advice is dont buy the paint from halfords its about 8o% thinners 20%paint and it wont last  neither will you match to the original, cost me about £50 a wheel well worth it, Powder coating gives a very hard durable Finnish dont waste your money spraying them as you see on you tube videos you just wont get the results you want !! powder coat will make them look like alloys should

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 06:47:19 AM »
I had the alloys restored on my Volvo. £55/ wheel. Made a beautiful job. The main reason I had it done was not cosmetic, but because I was always having to add a bit air to my tyres. Once the wheels were restored I never lost any pressure, from then until I parted with car.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 06:50:55 AM »
Hi, a workmate's just had an old set of BMW Z4 alloys powder coated in black which cost £270 for 4 in Norfolk, they look like they just came out the factory, as Kevin says, powder coating is tougher, lasts longer, looks better and is more resistant to damage and corrosion.

If you are getting the whole set done you can always have a colour change it you like.

Tags:

anything