15 (4.8%)
Shining Grey Metallic
29 (9.3%)
Skyride Blue Metallic
10 (3.2%)
Midnight Blue Beam Metallic
2 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 240

Author Topic: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?  (Read 108763 times)

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
Re: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2018, 12:21:25 PM »
I wonder if we will or can change back to the gallon when out of the eu.

We could but we had enough trouble teaching the new apprentice what an inch is never mind a gallon  :o

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2018, 05:21:46 PM »
What’s a “gallon” ?

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »
What’s a “gallon” ?

What you do miles per. :-)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »
What annoys me is that us is still operating in non metric gallons and its cheap we are well ripped off in uk.

I never understood why US gallons were smaller UK gallons.
I struggle to understand why people persist in using an illogical and inconsistent system. I'm 51 and I was taught metric at school. It's high time the minority of humans who still cling to imperial and its variants woke up and joined the rest of the world.

One litre of liquid is the same amount the world over. It even has a convenient conversion into linear units. One litre is 0.001 cubic metres (one cubic metre encloses a volume of 1,000 litres). And as for having multiple units to describe a single measurement that's just stupid. There is just one metric unit for length - the metre - and just one for volume - the litre. Having to prat around with gallons, pints, quarts, inches, feet, yards, miles is over complication for no gain.

Keep it simple, stupid!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 01:16:59 PM by andruec »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2018, 01:59:09 PM »
Using 'an illogical and inconsistent system' develops brain cells.  Nothing is more illogical than most Asian languages that use pictures instead of words, but learning them seems to increase their brain capacity.  Simply moving a decimal point around does nothing for your brain. In some cases metric  threads are inferior to their imperial equivalents.  I have never been asked if I want 0.5 of a cup of coffee, or 10% of a pizza, so both systems have their place.

American gallons are smaller than imperial gallons because they measure their cowboy hats in gallons and they have smaller heads and brains than imperial citizens.

When stuff gets sold in litres it is easier to get public to accept an increase the price by 10p a litre than 45p a gallon.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2018, 04:31:22 PM »
I'm OK with most metric measures but I genuinely struggle in thinking about fuel consumption in anything other than mpg. Litres per 100km or whatever it is almost completely meaningless to me.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2018, 04:46:03 PM »
I'm OK with most metric measures but I genuinely struggle in thinking about fuel consumption in anything other than mpg. Litres per 100km or whatever it is almost completely meaningless to me.

There is an easy way round it, the car does about 100 miles per quarter tank of fuel, filling up when it is about a quarter full means you will always have a contingency supply and never have to worry about running out or how many teaspoons to the metre the car is doing. Worrying about fuel consumption won't change it
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:49:32 PM by Skyrider »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2018, 06:28:45 PM »
mpg was the measure used for the first half of my motoring life, and I see no need to change. Litres/100 km mean nothing to me. 300 miles mean something but to me 500 km is just a number. I use the units that suit my purpose, whether that be metric or Imperial. mm is a great way to measure, better than 3/16ths and the like, but prefer thou to microns when it comes to small measurements. As long as you use a measurement that suits the purpose. Not like the US builder that built the mansion designed by a French architect. The drawings were in cm and he built in inches!
My late father-in-law used a 3' wooden rule and told my wife, who was buying him curtains, that the window was 3' 18'' wide!

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2019, 03:57:54 PM »
I was chatting to the sales guy when I booked my Jazz in for its first service. They have introduced a new colour, Midnight Blue Beam which is very dark, almost black except in bright light (at least that is how the small sample looked). They seem to have discontinued Skyride Blue which is a shame as I quite liked it.

Dave H

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2019, 09:39:56 AM »
My matching Hondas.
The 750 is reputed to be based on half a Jazz engine and they share many parts.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2019, 12:31:51 PM »
My matching Hondas.

Does your NC750 have the DCT box ?   I looked at the NC when I was looking for a new bike but opted for a 2016 ( new ) naked Suzuki SV650 90 deg V twin ( like a small Ducati but cheaper and a lot more reliable ), it has enough power for me these days, 76 ponies and 0-60 in 3.3 sec - red line at 11,000,  but surprisingly I normally get over 70mpg and if I short shift nearer or over 80.   It is pretty much the same blue as yours as well ( wanted red but not available then in UK).

Don't know if it has any car bits in it - but don't think so.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Dave H

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2019, 03:33:58 PM »
My matching Hondas.

Does your NC750 have the DCT box ?   I looked at the NC when I was looking for a new bike but opted for a 2016 ( new ) naked Suzuki SV650 90 deg V twin ( like a small Ducati but cheaper and a lot more reliable ), it has enough power for me these days, 76 ponies and 0-60 in 3.3 sec - red line at 11,000,  but surprisingly I normally get over 70mpg and if I short shift nearer or over 80.   It is pretty much the same blue as yours as well ( wanted red but not available then in UK).

I didn’t set out to have matching vehicles but I like that blue. Both are CVT, it’s my second auto NC and I really like it.
50 years on bikes, always looking for the next bike but not at the moment.   I tried a Crosstourer CVT but too heavy for my advancing years.
Only 54 ponies but I’ve been getting 80 mpg plus (according too fuelly) and I don’t hang around.

Den Jerus

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2019, 05:35:57 PM »
I was sat watching traffic go by in my Crystal Black 61 Plate Hybrid and all the vehicles passing by were black, white or grey (silver is just metallic grey). I was part of dreary coloured throng!
Well I had owned the hybrid for 3 years and failed to save the planet single handedly, and thought a newer vehicle would be appropriate while it still held some value towards a trade in.
My friendly dealer made me a very generous offer for the trade in and I viewed a few of the cars on offer. The Orange, Blue and white ones were all entry level models but the SE CVT only had 8500 miles on the click and a 66 plate.
I find it so much easier to locate my Attract Yellow Jazz in the car park now and the cloth seats don't burn my bum when I've left it in the sun! :D

enigma

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2019 SE Navi CVT Sunset Orange
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2019, 10:00:43 PM »
Just swapped my Sunset Orange 2016 SE CVT for a Sunset Orange 2019 SE Navi CVT and was told that colour is now being discontinued. The cynic in me says it was just too popular and Honda were losing out on the premium being charged for metallic paint.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2019, 10:07:16 PM »
Just swapped my Sunset Orange 2016 SE CVT for a Sunset Orange 2019 SE Navi CVT and was told that colour is now being discontinued. The cynic in me says it was just too popular and Honda were losing out on the premium being charged for metallic paint.

Could well be. Loads of orange Jazzes near me in bungalow city. Actually, is there any justification, any whatsoever, for the £500 premium on metallic? Not just Honda but most makes.

Tags:

anything