Author Topic: Honda Warranty  (Read 1610 times)

JazzyJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 EX
Honda Warranty
« on: April 20, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »
My 2017 Mk3 Jazz was purchased from a Suzuki main dealer last month. As the second year service was due this was done by the Suzuki dealership with the maintenance book being stamped and full receipt supplied listing what had been completed (as per the Honda service schedule). I was told that this is absolutely fine regarding the Honda 3 year warranty - anyone out there can confirm this is correct? As my drivers side wing mirror motorised adjustment is faulty (it moves but 'clicks' and 'jumps' as if a gear or the like is slipping) I want to book it in under the warranty. Many thanks!

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Honda Warranty
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 05:30:05 PM »
You should have no trouble with the warranty cover.
The thing I find strange is if you were to buy the car in Australia you would get a seven year warranty!?!?!?!?
Australia do not have MOT's either.
What a strange world we live in.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 05:31:28 PM »

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 06:02:42 PM »
Wow
According to that website my nearest approved garage is 10 miles away.
Yet I have 3 towns all within 5 miles.?!?!?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 06:08:11 PM »
As my drivers side wing mirror motorised adjustment is faulty (it moves but 'clicks' and 'jumps' as if a gear or the like is slipping)

Mine did that.  I took it back to the dealer and they diagnosed it as being at end of travel.  The mechanic physically forced the mirror to move with his thumb.  It clicked a couple of times as he did it and was then fine for the rest of the time I had the car.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 06:55:56 PM »
It is very easy to move a mirror when cleaning it, you will hear the clicking noise as it moves. Also the pressure of a jet washer at a hand car wash can be enough to move a mirror.

Vic.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 08:19:31 PM »
Wow
According to that website my nearest approved garage is 10 miles away.
Yet I have 3 towns all within 5 miles.?!?!?
That list of Approved Garages are an organisation garages pay to join. The reason I directed you to that site was the legalese about what servicing a car needs from an independent, non franchised dealer, to satisfy the warranty agreement. Nothing to do with the sh*te about Approved Garages.

You are not obliged to have your car serviced by a franchised dealer
Changes to the Block Exemption Regulation in 2002 comprised clauses planned to increase choice when it comes to servicing of a new car. You cannot be obliged e.g. as a condition of warranty, to have your car serviced by a franchised dealer.

The work can be carried out by an independent garage if that garage uses manufacturer approved parts and appropriately follows the manufacturer's service schedule. The reason why many motorists prefer going to a local garage, is not only due to convenience of being in the vicinity, but also because independent garages generally have much lower overheads than franchised dealers so their hourly labour rate is cheaper.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 08:21:02 PM by Jocko »

Tags:

anything