Author Topic: Keyless Entry  (Read 1720 times)

thehazzard

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GK EX 2017 Sunset Orange
Keyless Entry
« on: April 12, 2019, 10:39:04 AM »
Hi all, I know that the Honda Jazz would be one of the last cars a keyless entry thief would be looking out for, but where do people leave their keys in the house and overnight? I used to leave my keys in the front door (i know i shouldn't be doing that in the first place) but now since the new car I have has keyless entry i now keep in somewhere further in the house, usually on top of the cabinet halfway in the house. Interested to hear where people leave their own keys.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.

guest4977

Re: Keyless Entry
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »
I got a similar case off Amazon and it works for a while then stopped.  At work I put them in the metal filing cabinet and at home they are in a "metal" silver jewellery trinket box

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 08:12:41 PM »
Don't know how it worked for a while then stopped. It is totally passive.

guest4977

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 12:06:52 AM »
[/quote

This is the one I had, maybe it wasn't as good as yours, but I'd keep checking they are working for peace of mind. Colleague at work had the same one in purple and her's stopped working too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wisdompro-Blocking-Shielding-Privacy-Protection-Black/dp/B01HETGX00/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=keyless%2Bentry%2Bwallet%2Bpurple&qid=1564700029&s=gateway&sr=8-1&th=1

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 07:30:07 AM »

This is the one I had, maybe it wasn't as good as yours, but I'd keep checking they are working for peace of mind. Colleague at work had the same one in purple and her's stopped working too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wisdompro-Blocking-Shielding-Privacy-Protection-Black/dp/B01HETGX00/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=keyless%2Bentry%2Bwallet%2Bpurple&qid=1564700029&s=gateway&sr=8-1&th=1
I'm with Jocko on this one.  The pouch is passive.  If the key fob is inserted correctly  it either works or it doesn't.  The only explanation I can think of is that the "silver layer" has worn through.

Tags: