Author Topic: Anti lock brake & air conditioning function test  (Read 2054 times)

guest6401

Anti lock brake & air conditioning function test
« on: October 23, 2016, 01:49:50 PM »
Dear fellow Forumers,

I've a 2012 Honda Jazz 1.4 and Honda's just written telling me my Jazz needs the tests in the subject header. My car gets very little usage: daily but local trips of circa 12 miles as a round trip.

Is this an unnecessary expenditure on my part and a pitch for business by Honda or an essential pair of tests I should pursue?

Your advice will be welcome - thank you.

Jo

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Anti lock brake & air conditioning function test
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 03:39:29 PM »
Hi Jo,  By Honda I assume that you mean your local dealer from whom you bought the car.
I can think of no reason why your car should require those tests out of the blue. Aircon servicing is a money earner for the dealer and I have always been asked when taking the car for servicing or whatever if I would like my aircon serviced.
The anti-lock brake test is a new one on me and I can see no reason for it because if it fails a warning will display on the dashboard.
Aircon should be serviced every two years in an ideal world and in any case should be run for at least 10mins a week to circulate the lubricant therein.
Personally I would phone them and ask for details and come back on here with their reply.

Vic.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Anti lock brake & air conditioning function test
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 05:44:27 PM »
The anti lock braking system on all EU cars carries out a self test when the ignition is switched on (Warning light for ABS lights up) and the engine started (Warning light goes out if OK)

No warning lights when running = ABS OK..

They see you as a source of £££s

Tags:

anything