Author Topic: indicators don't flash on locking & dash/radio red lights don't flash afterwards  (Read 3996 times)

Jazzdriver

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 63 mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
Recent posts about super-locking encouraged me to start super-locking my car with the remote.  (My handbook confirms that this is available on my car.)  I have been doing this for a few days.

However, now, when I lock the car (on the first press of the remote button) the indicators do not flash three times. The locks clunk shut, but the indicators don't flash at all.  The red light on the radio/CD  and the red light in the instrument binnacle don't flash afterwards either.   Similarly, when I unlock the indicators don't flash once.

I haven't started or driven the car after noticing this, but we have had to get things out of the car several times and each time I noticed this.

Anyone know what is happening?

Thanks.

honda_saj

• Registered Member
Hi There,

i would suggest a honda hds as that can test hazard, i would start and drive car see if the fault resets and let us know
hope that helps post back and let us know so that others can benefit from the information

Jazzdriver

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
a honda hds as that can test hazard

Sorry, forgive my ignorance, but what is a "hds?

Thanks.

Jazzdriver

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
I have now googled gds.  You mean book it in to the dealer?  (It is under warranty.)

Jazzdriver

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Problem solved.  I had topped up the washer bottle and not properly shut the bonnet.  As soon as I shut the bonnet properly, the indicators flashed three times and the two interior red lights started flashing.  Great.

Tags:

anything