Author Topic: Honda servicing  (Read 4506 times)

dcdick

• Approved Member
  • GT Rock & Roll shopping trolley
  • My Honda: 2020 HRV. EX 1.6D Reus Black
Honda servicing
« on: December 10, 2013, 01:01:15 PM »
Having a few "issues" with the supplying dealer about my Jazz.

When the service plan finally arrived through the post it was not what I expected/wanted

After a bit of passing around I finally got to speak to the service manager.
Very polite chap (as u would expect) listened to me & is coming back with an alternative to retain my custom when I change the car & because "We are Honda"

Mileage is currently 57k & as they changed ownership of the branch 2 years ago they only have access to the last 2 service records although the service book has a complete set of stamps.

I'm finding it a bit difficult to decide on the best service plan as around this time in miles the Jazz is due for brake fluid/pollen filter/spark plugs as far as I know

I've been offered the "Honda 12" plan but as far as I can see it only covers oil/filter & a load of checks & a road test.

It's a Honda Assured used car & I have then on the back foot ( ;)) because if the last service was more than 6 months they are obliged to complete a full service as per Honda as part of the "Assured" process.
No records came with the car apart from the stamps in the service book (nothing else filled in in the service book)

Any ideas as to the best service plan bearing in mind the mileage ( I already have mot's & recovery included in the current plan)
But the dispute started when I didn't get the options I negotiated in writing as promised

Don't you just love car dealers  :P

Dick.
Always wanted a car when I was a young lad

dcdick

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Honda servicing
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:57:28 PM »
Had the service manager on the phone today.

He's basically agreed to everything I asked for (& gone a bit farther to keep me "sweet" as they say)

Just waiting for his confirmation in the post but have no reason to doubt that it is posted out.

This problem developed through some sloppiness with the original sale docs but has been completely sorted by Chris (Service manager)

Vertu Honda (Durham Dealership) good guys who don't dodge problems, they fix them & do it right.  ;D

I'm impressed !

Dick.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 12:06:44 AM »
how much did they want to charge for the plug change? it is listed at £140 on the GE because of the removal of the cowl stupid design

it would really suck if they broke all then clips while doing it

has anyone had any problems with the plug change on GE?

thanks

dcdick

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 10:47:57 AM »
That was the problem as the Honda 12 service plan doesn't cover stuff like plugs.
As far as I'm concerned plugs & filters/brake fluid changes etc.. are service items that are changed as directed by Honda & should be part of a service plan.

What's the point of buying a service plan then having to fork out extra for what always have been service items ?

Replacing plugs would have been £120  :o

I'm covered now, but Honda are renowned for expensive service costs..........

Dick.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 10:44:02 AM »
Much as I admire Honda reliability and much as I like my Jazz, the Honda service schedules are all over the place. I have commented on another thread about the fact that the service advice system does not flag up changes such as brake fluid or pollen filters but, if you go on the Honda website, as Dick has obviously done, you are presented with two options for ALL petrol Hondas. A basic service at £145 and a more advanced one for £265 which includes brake fluid, air filter and pollen filter.

You can glean information by close inspection of the service schedule in the car's handbook but it's difficult to ascertain even basic stuff as to whether the car has standard or iridium plugs (important because iridium rarely need changing).

It's my one beef with Honda. I don't recall any of my other cars having such a vague system for maintenance.

dcdick

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 11:58:56 PM »
It's a strange setup for sure.

As far as I can see the modern cars rely on dash lights (variable servicing) to tell when & what type of service is due.
For the older models or the more traditional among us there is the 12 month 12.5k service schedule.
These are all documented in the service book but the one I have has nothing filled in apart from the Service stamp.

The Honda dealers all offer there own version of services for used cars out of the 3 year factory warranty just to confuse a little more  ???

I'm convinced that the "12" & "12 +" services are priced to disguise the very high cost of servicing that does not include what I would expect to be treated as "service parts"
How many stories have we heard of cars going in for a service & coming out with a £500 bill  :(

Seems very strange to me as well Pete

Dick.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 01:15:38 PM »
My car has a paid for 4 year service plan. After that I will DIY - if I intend to keep it.

I did the same on our Toyota Yaris d4d after the  3 year warranty expired. Annual oil/filter changes rest by the service book. Average cost under £50/year. No failed an MOT  (yet) in 7 years...

(I would not attempt to do it on less well built cars like VAG or Vauxhall but I'll never own one  (again in Audi's case))

Tags: