Author Topic: Water on inside of windscreen  (Read 8416 times)

russd1978

• Approved Member
Water on inside of windscreen
« on: January 15, 2012, 04:05:37 PM »
This is my first winter with my ES 2010 Jazz, it has just 5000 miles on the clock, and I am noticing when the weather is cold I'm getting water on the inside of my windscreen, and sometimes if its cold enough it will freeze.

I don't leave damp things in the car.  I'm wondering if its a problem with the door seals, or something that everyone gets.  I didn't have this problem with my old Fiesta, so I'm surprised that a newish Jazz would suffer with it.

Does anyone else have this happening, and are there any ways to prevent it?  Maybe its something to do with the air con....?

Thanks in advance!  :)

D3DSL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
Re: Water on inside of windscreen
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 04:19:28 PM »
I get this regularly with both my GE & GD jazz, however it's due to 2 big wet slobbery dogs that are carried in the back.  We regularly have to scrape the ice off the inside when the temps get below freezing, was -9c this morning. :(

guest2662

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »
not had a car yet that don't mist up in the winter on the inside windscreen, I've owned at least 20 cars thieve  all done it.

guest2865

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 05:24:52 PM »
not had a car yet that don't mist up in the winter on the inside windscreen, I've owned at least 20 cars thieve  all done it.

100%

russd1978

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »
Thanks for the feedback - interesting.

I should be clearer though - I'm not talking about a bit of mist on the windscreen when I have been in the car for a while.  I'm talking about going to the car early in the morning and finding a frozen layer as you get in (on the inside) or if its not cold enough a layer of water on the inside.

I don't remember it happening on my old fiesta to this extent.  I wondered if it was down to the door seals or perhaps the air con.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:25:51 PM by russd1978 »

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 06:35:15 PM »
I have had this problem on various cars but only when weather conditions are right ( or wrong!).
It is due the the air inside the car being particularly damp and the moisture condensing on the cold windscreen then freezing.
You can overcome the damp interior by using the aircon in the winter to dry the inside of the car out.Conditioned air is free of moisture.You should use the aircon for at least ten minutes every week to keep it in good condition anyway.

Vic.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:54:08 PM by VicW »

guest1583

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 06:36:01 PM »
 ;D

Hi
   This is so much common to honda jazz, its not a fault on sealant or air conditioner.  If you are really sure there is no damp thing inside tha car, check the boot as well , i mean to where the emergency tyre is located (there are few jazz with water ingress on it) .
 Then try to to close the re circulation button and point the air flow to passenger or footwell before you parked up in the night. Just dont forget to open the re circulation vent/button in the morning as you drive otherwise youll get the mist in the windows.  A combination of hot air and cold air from airconditioner will help demist the car instantly.  Ford fiestas doesnt have this recirculation button/vent which help turn the air in constant movement in the cabin so make the air fresh all the tim in honda jazz.. ;D

guest1583

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »
 ;D
yes true your airconditioning should be used even on winter weather it do help demisting the car promise.... ;D

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »
This morning there is ice on the inside of our (unheated) double-glazed conservatory windows, never mind the car!   It used to be commonplace in houses before central heating.  Something to do with saturation vapour pressure.......

guest2928

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 08:56:06 PM »
I've had one experience of water freezing on the inside. I have found this with several of my other cars and the Jazz is by no means the worst. I will say: I can't fault the Jazz heater for clearing my windscreen in a morning. It's very efficient.

Geoffers

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 09:23:13 PM »
Not a problem for us! We've had a few sub-zero mornings lately with frost all over the car, but nothing going on inside. :)
Climate Control hasn't been used either!

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 12:17:29 PM »
Use the airconditioning in the winter to keep the seals in the air conditioning supple and not dry out which would cause the gas to escape. The air conditioning will extract the moisture from the air, but initially allow the air to be directed away from the windscreen as there will be moisture remaining in the air conditioning to start with. If the air con can't clear the moisture, maybe the system needs regassing and/or the pollen filter is saturated and needs changing (common problem on Vauxhalls).

Tags:

anything