Author Topic: Mud flaps  (Read 985 times)

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
Mud flaps
« on: February 19, 2020, 04:50:29 PM »
The back of my 2011 Jazz always gets so dirty when it has rained so I was thinking that mud flaps might help.

Anyone fitted them ( fitting tips please), and if so where did you get them from?

Thanks

Steve

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
Re: Mud flaps
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 07:18:24 PM »
I had them on my Jazz, I had them fitted by the Honda dealer as part of the deal when I bought the car brand new, they certainly helped to prevent spray and dirt on the side of the car.   

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 07:33:59 PM »
I've had flaps fitted to three out of four Jazz's and the one without certainly got muckier than those with, especially the rear window area. I used the Honda ones but the cars came with them on.

Vic.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 01:05:00 AM »
When we bought our Jazz i ordered (at the Honda dealer) after a few months the original mud flaps. I fitted them myself, no tips, but if a woman can fit them you can for sure. ;)

They definitely help to prevent dirt on the back and lower sides of the car. Only when there’s snow make sure to take that away because when it’s also freezing it stays between the mud flap and the tyre.

Top Down

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: March 2012 1.4 iVTEC EX - Deep Sapphire Blue
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 09:17:57 AM »
Another vote for mud flaps here, wouldn't have a Jazz without them.

However, be careful what you get.

I ordered a replacement pair for the rear of my Jazz, providing the supplier with the VIN number to ensure I got the right set, I was assured those being sent would fit  - but of course, they don't.  >:(

Tags:

anything