Author Topic: Oil and filter change  (Read 1877 times)

mjf65

• Approved Member
Oil and filter change
« on: December 28, 2018, 10:11:19 PM »
Quick question, do you need to remove the plastic engine guard before you can get to the drain plug and filter or is there a flap that allows access without removing the whole thing?

Never had this problem with our old MK1 as it never had a plastic engine guard fitted.

Thanks

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Oil and filter change
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 08:42:46 AM »
You dont say which model you have, but yes best to remove the tray allows good access . I think there a couple of how articles on here.
Always use the Honda oil filter and correct spec poil, oilman OPIE oils have a good selcetion , the filters are normally on E Bay iif you search

mjf65

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 07:47:14 PM »
All done this morning. A  little bit more time consuming than on our old MK1 as you have to remove six screws that allow removal of the access panel rather than the whole undertray which looks time consuming. I use Mahle filters and fully synthetic Castrol Edge all purchased from Opie Oils, excellent price and service. Also changed the pollen filter whilst I was at it. Took about 2 hours max including a coffee break.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 10:20:48 PM »
Good news, I rate OPIE oils and the mahle seems fine - I've used them when Mann filters not available.
Bet your Jazz is better with the cabin filter change, I've lost count when servicing cars & find a caked filter .

mjf65

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 08:27:29 PM »
The cabin filter was still looking ok but it was changed about 18 months ago and the car doesn't do big mileage but it's an easy job and it's done now.

Tags:

anything