Author Topic: Higher than average mileage at present.  (Read 3249 times)

E27006

• Approved Member
Re: Higher than average mileage at present.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2021, 11:46:09 AM »
At the moment I am doing 600 miles a week, in my tired old Jazz. If this continues much longer I will have to up my mileage with my insurer. I have a hole developing in my backbox, but because of circumstance, I cannot arrange to get it repaired. Hope I can replace it before it decides to drop off on the motorway!

Mine did drop off.. I think I posted about it at the time. I replaced the middle and back sections with a Klarious exhaust with 5 year guarantee. Something like £50 for both parts. The hardest part was getting the middle section off the catalyst. All rusted up and bonded together. The back section was fairly easy I think.
The centre section made by Klarius,  did it fit easily? Or did it require work? Many of the centre section pattern parts are poor in dimensions, they are warped and have to be adjusted by bending to match the Honda original part.
Pattern parts can have an oversized siilencer section, diameter too large,  fouling  the  sills intermittently causing a knock.  If the Klarius is a good fit, especially the diameter of the silencer, I will order a Klarius to replace my centre section which hangs low   on the car

bus_ter

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz SE
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2021, 04:09:50 PM »
It was a great fit. Everything aligned up where it should. Undoing the old bolts was the hardest part. I think I also bought a fitting kit that included a seal that fitted between the mid section and cat, also some of the spring bolts to attach the mid section to the rear section (to allow movement) and some new hangars.

The new exhaust is a little louder than the old one also. Only slightly but I did notice. Possibly there's less baffling in the silencer box parts?

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2021, 07:08:34 PM »
Happened to meet my son-in-law this afternoon, so he is going to get a new backbox for me on Monday, if they have one in stock, and if my circumstances permit he will fit it Monday evening.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2021, 07:43:02 PM »
The new car will replace the Jazz one we move to the south of Edinburgh. Then I will be doing 600 miles a year! Once a week to Asda at the Jewel. That and the odd hospital appointment (4 mile round trip).
Just keep  your faithful  friend the 1.2DSi,  at 600 miles per year (10 gallons of petrol)  it will serve you well and last for many many years.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2021, 07:47:29 PM »

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2021, 08:25:56 PM »
Just keep  your faithful  friend the 1.2DSi,  at 600 miles per year (10 gallons of petrol)  it will serve you well and last for many many years.
It does make a lot of sense but I just fancy owning one new car before I die and I really need an automatic.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2021, 07:46:13 AM »
It does make a lot of sense but I just fancy owning one new car before I die and I really need an automatic.
Want rather than need. I think a lot of people post lockdown are similar minded. 'YOLO' and all of that. Can't take it with you.

jaytee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2021, 08:04:01 AM »
Jocko if you do get a get a new auto, consider the MK3,would like to see how your MPG works out,plus would miss your input in the forum, stay with Honda! there is a new HRV coming, good luck whatever you choose.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2021, 08:21:31 AM »
My reason for not getting a MK3 was the 1.3 CVT.

From reading reviews I got the impression it was a typical CVT very high rev whilst you wait for the speed to catch the engine.

The MK4 sounds totally different.

Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2021, 05:44:57 PM »
would miss your input in the forum, stay with Honda
I'd probably just SORN the Jazz rather than sell it, as there is plenty of space in the drive for two or three cars. I'd love to just tinker with it without having to worry about having it ready to go anywhere.

Today my wife and I were discussing E27006's suggestion to hold on to the old car and my wife agrees that keeping it, and just running it into the ground makes a lot of sense. I have to agree but I do need an auto as my knees are getting worse and the manual is becoming a pain, literally. I desperately want an EV and am looking very closely at the MG5 Excite, the bottom of the range MG5.

Her indoors prefers the white to the red I fancied and if it's what it takes them white it will be!

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2021, 09:50:48 PM »
Tired and old!
What's your mileage on.

I'm on 138,900 miles and was admiring how well my jazz is coping.

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2021, 09:23:28 AM »
I'm on 138,900 miles and was admiring how well my jazz is coping.

139k is nowt! Barely run in, plenty more left in her yet   ;D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:11:23 AM by swhull »

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2021, 09:58:23 AM »
Tired and old!
What's your mileage on.
Filled up today at 137,279. Mechanically the car is great but the bodywork is getting a bit tired.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2021, 10:12:57 AM »
One of the benefits of the high mileage I am doing is the fuel economy. With the warm, sunny weather we are experiencing at present, and the dry roads, I managed a "calculated" mpg this top-up of 61.1 mpg, this morning. The FOB or "Fibometer" said 61.6 and my first thought was, "that's rubbish", but not so much so.

Tags:

anything