Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Whirring door mirror
« Last post by VicW on Today at 02:52:55 PM »
There are at least two wiring systems for Jazz door mirrors depending on the model so be very careful you get a matching one. I got one from a scrappy who used ebay and supplied pictures of the donor car. The one I bought was a matching colour and was gauranteed and cost 90. A new one from Honda in a matching colour is over 300.
The suppliers name was something like Quinetic or iQuentic, sorry I can't find the receipt.
Vic.

The company's name is Synetiq and can be found at www.synetiq.co.uk

Vic.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: A joke.
« Last post by Westy36 on Today at 02:35:25 PM »
I was going to make a joke about Sodium. But I thought Na, no one will get it.  :D :D :D
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: A joke.
« Last post by Westy36 on Today at 02:34:05 PM »
So there was this praying mantis having a drink in a bar.

The bartender asked, 'do you want another one'?

He replies, 'might as well - she's going to bite my head off anyway'.
There will be lots in the same boat where charging is impossible at home and who wants to spend half an hour or so on the way to or from work at a public charger.

Hopefully technology will move on or they will be forced to delay full electric.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Higher than average mileage at present.
« Last post by E27006 on Today at 11:46:09 AM »
At the moment I am doing 600 miles a week, in my tired old Jazz. If this continues much longer I will have to up my mileage with my insurer. I have a hole developing in my backbox, but because of circumstance, I cannot arrange to get it repaired. Hope I can replace it before it decides to drop off on the motorway!

Mine did drop off.. I think I posted about it at the time. I replaced the middle and back sections with a Klarious exhaust with 5 year guarantee. Something like 50 for both parts. The hardest part was getting the middle section off the catalyst. All rusted up and bonded together. The back section was fairly easy I think.
The centre section made by Klarius,  did it fit easily? Or did it require work? Many of the centre section pattern parts are poor in dimensions, they are warped and have to be adjusted by bending to match the Honda original part.
Pattern parts can have an oversized siilencer section, diameter too large,  fouling  the  sills intermittently causing a knock.  If the Klarius is a good fit, especially the diameter of the silencer, I will order a Klarius to replace my centre section which hangs low   on the car
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Rubber burning smell
« Last post by mj1sjc on Today at 11:43:53 AM »
Ohh no, thats a hassle to keep a car in a garage until them calipers gets repaired....

With Big Red, yes.
« Last post by mj1sjc on Today at 11:42:07 AM »
[
I bought the cheapest Ridex rear left caliper but now asked for a refund due to it's been faulty.
My mechanic friend said, though I released the handbrake the calliper is not returning or something. So, he put on the old one back again which was the original Honda until I get something else. Ive seen one on Ebay for 45 and thinking to get that one. Only god knows the quality and the reliability though it has a 2yr warranty.

with Autodoc, when I ordered that faulty caliper I thought i should order couple of accessories too from the website as it was less than a fiver since I was paying 8.50 for delivery. So, ive challed that to be refund too as the caliper was faulty,  but they said no because Ive also ordered couple of other things worth 3 as part of the order.
Lessons learnt.

quote author=bill888 link=topic=13051.msg98194#msg98194 date=1619167135]
( which is a brand new one for 45 from Auto Dr)

Would that be from AutoDoc.co.uk ?
I notice Autodoc offer a variety of non-OEM, as well as 'remanufactured' 100+ calipers from Bosch, Ferodo, Budweg etc.

Do you recall what brand of caliper you purchased?

I came across this video showing how to refurb Honda rear calipers
https://youtu.be/KqrOyDlbLvI
A bit more complex than simpler front calipers.

I fitted new Bremetch (Brakes International) front calipers after failing miserably 3 times to order a set of Pagid remanufactured calipers from carparts4less due to problems with their website.   Also fitted new Pagid discs and pads without too much trouble a few months ago. Only minor issue was with shims not fitting Pagid pads properly.

Still undecided what to about the rear calipers in long term.  Factory original rear brake parts are working fine despite age, so no hurry to change anything for the moment.
[/quote]
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 11:36:12 AM »
With Big Red, yes.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Higher than average mileage at present.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 11:34:19 AM »
The new car will replace the Jazz one we move to the south of Edinburgh. Then I will be doing 600 miles a year! Once a week to Asda at the Jewel. That and the odd hospital appointment (4 mile round trip).
« Last post by mj1sjc on Today at 11:34:10 AM »
Ohh okay,

So, do i have to send mine 1st and wait until they repair it or buy theirs and once mine are changed send my old one back?

( which is a brand new one for 45 from Auto Dr)

Would that be from AutoDoc.co.uk ?
I notice Autodoc offer a variety of non-OEM, as well as 'remanufactured' 100+ calipers from Bosch, Ferodo, Budweg etc.

Do you recall what brand of caliper you purchased?

I came across this video showing how to refurb Honda rear calipers
https://youtu.be/KqrOyDlbLvI
A bit more complex than simpler front calipers.

I fitted new Bremetch (Brakes International) front calipers after failing miserably 3 times to order a set of Pagid remanufactured calipers from carparts4less due to problems with their website.   Also fitted new Pagid discs and pads without too much trouble a few months ago. Only minor issue was with shims not fitting Pagid pads properly.

Still undecided what to about the rear calipers in long term.  Factory original rear brake parts are working fine despite age, so no hurry to change anything for the moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything