Author Topic: Honda breakdown and accident assistance AA roadwatch  (Read 2059 times)

Jazz2021

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 69mpg
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2021
Honda breakdown and accident assistance AA roadwatch
« on: September 15, 2021, 02:37:24 PM »
When we bought our new Jazz a few weeks ago the deal came with five years Honda breakdown and accident assistance. Previously we have been with the AA and that expires at the end of the month. We are in two minds whether to cancel the AA cover, which has been great for the past five years - including fixing flat tyres on our drive - or whether to save a couple of hundred quid and use the new Honda cover. My question is whether the Honda breakdown cover is any good. Has anyone got it, had to use it, and got any experience of how good it is?

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they've found it." Andre Gide

E27006

• Approved Member
Re: Honda breakdown and accident assistance AA roadwatch
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 02:50:12 PM »
When we bought our new Jazz a few weeks ago the deal came with five years Honda breakdown and accident assistance. Previously we have been with the AA and that expires at the end of the month. We are in two minds whether to cancel the AA cover, which has been great for the past five years - including fixing flat tyres on our drive - or whether to save a couple of hundred quid and use the new Honda cover. My question is whether the Honda breakdown cover is any good. Has anyone got it, had to use it, and got any experience of how good it is?

judging by the cover which states AA Roadwatch, I believe you are being covered by the same organisation (the AA) at the expense of Honda,  therefore saving you money, if the cover is less, such as not including tyre changing at your home address, then enquire for the cost of an upgraded service,  remember it is a buyers market for breakdown cover, the telesales advisors are willing to offer discounts to win your business if you approach them politely   

Jazz2021

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 03:04:36 PM »
judging by the cover which states AA Roadwatch, I believe you are being covered by the same organisation (the AA) at the expense of Honda,  therefore saving you money, if the cover is less, such as not including tyre changing at your home address, then enquire for the cost of an upgraded service,  remember it is a buyers market for breakdown cover, the telesales advisors are willing to offer discounts to win your business if you approach them politely

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it would seem so. I was just hoping that someone on the forum might have experience using the Honda cover and would be able to report back on how pleased they were with it or whether it's a scaled down version of AA Roadwatch.
"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they've found it." Andre Gide

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 05:40:03 PM »
I used Honda Assist twice in my MK 2, and was very happy with the service.  First time was on the road, near home, when the engine just died and would not restart.  AA man scratched his head as system would not talk to him, and then disconnected and reconnected the battery (always a good thing to try with a computer!) and the problem disappeared.  AA then followed me to nearest dealer for a diagnostic check, which found nothing wrong.  Second time was at home when I had left the inside light on and battery was dead.  AA checked battery (6 years old) and advised a new one, which he then fitted and just charged me for the battery (£70).  I do not have separate breakdown cover, having left RAC when I bought the Jazz.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 05:58:28 PM »

You can freeze your AA membership until the Honda warranty expires, I've done that several times.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 09:47:11 PM »
You can freeze your AA membership until the Honda warranty expires, I've done that several times.
But if you use a Honda dealer for servicing, you can keep extending Honda roadside assistance indefinitely at no extra cost. I cancelled my RAC membership in 2008 when I bought my first Jazz.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 03:41:56 AM »
I've only used it once, back in 2009 when I accidentally left the interior light on and flattened the battery. It was the day I was p/x to a newer Civic so couldn't wait for a trickle charge.

AA man on a bike came and booster started me so the AA Hondacare covers home call outs.

The one bit that does interest me is the facility for normal AA members to track their callout vehicle. From what I can see AA Hondacare can't do this ?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 05:17:23 AM by Kremmen »
Let's be careful out there !

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 12:11:35 PM »
The one bit that does interest me is the facility for normal AA members to track their callout vehicle. From what I can see AA Hondacare can't do this ?

I don't know how it works but likely you're not really a member and Honda just pays an overall fee or pays on a pay per use basis, hence it can be given 'free' when you have the car serviced.

The £70 battery above is pretty good - they charged my daughter £100 a couple of years ago.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 12:53:37 PM »
That needed the roadside assistance on my mk10 civic

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 08:11:53 PM »
Is it not 3 years roadside assistance same as warranty ?

Jazz2021

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 09:01:19 PM »
Is it not 3 years roadside assistance same as warranty ?

No, our deal came with five years free warranty, five years free servicing, and five years roadside assistance. Three separate things.

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 06:49:55 AM »
Maybe because I didn’t pay anything after trade in and premium pack they gave me

Tags: