Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / specifications
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on March 23, 2024, 05:57:35 PM »
Step one.  Introduce your wife to £0,90 per litre  wine box.    Step 2 . Dispense in sufficient quantities that your wife says "I'm done with frugal, I dont want a car with less than we have now"   Good investment.

What do you regard as essential and worth the extra.  Which would be better spent on better wine.? 
I know its been discussed before. Maybe the answer is to refer to a previous thread.   But there new members and new trim  trim models.

For me, reversing camera is a must.  Maybe an after market option if necessary.  Heated seats, probably , heated steering wheel maybe.    Inbuilt satnav, No if smart phone alternatives can be displayed.   Extra faux leather trim -no.   
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Engine fans constantly on while A/C is on
« Last post by Beneeeeek on March 23, 2024, 05:38:52 PM »
Hi everyone. I already seen similar topics but still need some advice. I just noticed that that engine fans are Ci stantly running when I'm using A/C. Before them been kicking on and off in like 20 seconds intervals but now the fans keep spinning until I manually turn them off. When switching A/C on I can hear compressor kicking in and it seem to work normally, I had system regassed and checked for leaks about 10 months ago (gas run out because of faulty valve)
Some people say that my gas level is on the level to just start the compressor and fans but not high enough to cool properly to switch the fans off with proper intervals.
What do you suggest? Is it just a case of regassing and checking the system again at the garage or you might have a different solutions?
Thanks in advance.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda Car Insurance
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on March 23, 2024, 03:42:25 PM »
My father only learned to drive in his  40's  and on retirement only used the car to tour various supermarkets trying to save  a few Pennies  on the cost of milk ,at the cost of 10 times as much in petrol.  .  (Remarkably my mum learned to drive in her 60's, passed her test then seldom drove again ) .  During the few miles they did drive  they were probably quite a  high insurance risk.  :o   I WALK between supermarkets to save 5P on milk  :P

But i started  riding a motorbike on my 16th birthday, and driving a  car on my 17th birthday. I'm now 70 .  I still drive about 12K miles a year in various countries.    (8 K in the Jazz ,4K in another car )  I still think I am a competent and safe driver,better than most ,  but if I'm honest with myself  not quite as good as I was in my prime.  (Institute of advanced motorists)  I have never made an insurance claim.

There are now more like me and fewer like my dad.  Presumably  pensioners are now regarded as main stream car users, but with reduced faculties.   Low mileage pensioners  are no longer being given the same discounts.    But insurance is never fair. You pay a premium for your postcode, age, Job etc, based on statistics,  not your actual risk level. (which for some of us may be an advantage   ;) )   
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / EV Battery life.
« Last post by Nicksey on March 23, 2024, 03:30:10 PM »
I know there are a few of you here that have the first models out of the factory, and some with 30k plus on the clock. I was wondering if you still achieve 10 bars on the charged display?
I know the battery is guaranteed for 8 years, but was curious for how long it will achieve a full 10 bars
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Voice Commands
« Last post by 5thcivic on March 23, 2024, 03:09:56 PM »
I find it works quite well to call someone in your favourites list without having to poke the screen.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: side skirting and spoiler
« Last post by Jaroon on March 23, 2024, 02:31:27 PM »
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: side skirting and spoiler
« Last post by Jaroon on March 23, 2024, 02:29:08 PM »
For Sale and Wanted (including ebay) / Re: Mk3 or 4 windscreen cover
« Last post by Marco1979 on March 23, 2024, 02:12:14 PM »
Windscreen cover is still available 8)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda Car Insurance
« Last post by John Ratsey on March 23, 2024, 02:12:05 PM »
Not so many years ago, older drivers were considered to be the safest, what has changed? As I said in a previous post, I have been driving nearly 70 years, without an accident that was my fault, last claim 2015 (rear end shunt) protected NCB.
A good question for which I have some possible answers:

1. The average vehicle has become more powerful and faster. Older folk may know how to drive safely allowing for their slower reactions but far too many other drivers don't drive appropriately for the conditions and cause prangs.
2. The risk of medical incidents increases with age and thus the cost of insuring that age group. (I have to wonder if more frequent and thorough medical tests are needed.)
3. I get the impression that most of the incidents of people driving through shop windows or similar incidents are elderly (with fading brain selecting forwards instead of reverse).
4. Perhaps the insurers are also factoring in the likelihood of older folk being less able to operate their car using a touchscreen than youngsters.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz 2020 Rattling noise
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on March 23, 2024, 09:05:43 AM »
Maybe just use a tank of Super/Premium unleaded occasionally which is 97 octane
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]