Author Topic: Is there a worst courier service than DPD  (Read 5425 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Is there a worst courier service than DPD
« on: May 06, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »
Today both my wife and I were expecting parcels delivered by DPD. We were given a time of 16:49 to 17:49 Great we thought we will be back in plenty of time. Then at 12:54, we both received texts to say we had missed the delivery and he would not be back again today. This happens time and time again. DPD are so unreliable. I have started avoiding vendors that deliver by DPD wherever possible.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Is there a worst courier service than DPD
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 02:37:35 PM »
I've been using Amazon lockers for the last few years because, in my area, they can't read addresses.

At the start of 2018, out of the first 6 deliveries, 4 went to wrong addresses. 2 brought round and the other 2, no idea where they went. Amazon refunded all 4.

Also, you sit in all day, then you get the text to say it's delivered at about 19:00 but nothing.

Let's be careful out there !

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 05:09:33 PM »
Round here, DPD are the absolute best. I have had the driver wait until the time before he would knock on the door. Yours must be a rogue driver. I would report that.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 05:13:01 PM »
I would report that.
How? The info is all on their site anyway so they can see what their drivers are doing.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 05:43:18 PM »
I would report that.
How? The info is all on their site anyway so they can see what their drivers are doing.
Go back to whoever the items were ordered from I guess or isn't there a link or a number on the text or email you got?

We ordered some stuff for our son in London. Never turned up. Picture proving delivery showed an entirely different item wedged in the wrong doorway to a different block of flats. We complained to the company we ordered from who ended up refunding us, after trying to blame DPD. We pointed out our contract was not with DPD but with them. I think they pursued DPD as DPD contacted our son for evidence.

However, at Christmas, when our lad realised he would not be able to get home for the holidays, he shipped our presents to us DHL and we shipped his presents to him DPD. DPD far outperformed DHL and generally I choose them first if possible.

guest4871

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 07:51:24 PM »
Round here, DPD are the absolute best. I have had the driver wait until the time before he would knock on the door. Yours must be a rogue driver. I would report that.

I absolutely agree they are superb. You must have a rogue driver or depot, or a line haul failure.

My DPD driver, Colin, told me that, if they arrive early, their systems will not allow them to make the delivery until the due time.

Their route tracking systems are second to none.

You could try contacting them following this advice:

https://www.complaintsdepartment.co.uk/dpd-uk/

or

https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/how-can-we-help/index.jsp

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 07:52:38 PM »
I have notified the supplier especially as the goods we are waiting for are live plants.

Thanks for the link to the complaints department.

hemming

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 08:13:51 PM »

+1

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 08:42:14 PM »
Never really had a problem with DPD, They are on the ball with their texts to your mobile with a 1 hour delivery slot.   

I can think of many jobs I would rather do than to be a delivery driver though.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 08:44:53 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 09:08:16 PM »
Never really had a problem with DPD, They are on the ball with their texts to your mobile with a 1 hour delivery slot.   

I can think of many jobs I would rather do than to be a delivery driver though.

Agreed. The whole segment needs to be looked at. Quasi self employment, terrible business. Lots of companies are enjoying the boom of e-commerce, but the person delivering the parcel is having it harder than ever. Hopefully with Uber having to resolve their faux employers liabilities, this will trickle down to the sector soon.

Remember the poor chap Don Lane? https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/05/courier-who-was-fined-for-day-off-to-see-doctor-dies-from-diabetes

With regard to reliability, I've yet to experience an issue with any of the couriers that deliver.   

GGT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 09:19:59 PM »
Several vendors I recently bought from used DPD. I'd never heard of them before, so I checked them out. Their reviews were appallingly bad. I awaited my deliveries with trepidation. All their deliveries to me were faultless. I can only speak from experience. Maybe I just got lucky a few times.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 09:57:15 PM »
They are on the ball with their texts to your mobile with a 1 hour delivery slot.
Great when they deliver in the window. Not when they try to deliver 4 hours early or send you a text to say failed to deliver as no one in when you are sitting 10' from the door.

guest4871

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 10:28:59 PM »
They are on the ball with their texts to your mobile with a 1 hour delivery slot.
Great when they deliver in the window. Not when they try to deliver 4 hours early or send you a text to say failed to deliver as no one in when you are sitting 10' from the door.

Are you sure that it was DPD? Their system will not allow drivers to make early deliveries.

With the failed delivery, did you get a non delivery card? If not, I suspect no attempt to deliver was ever made.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2021, 05:56:50 AM »
Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2021, 07:41:18 AM »
Are you sure that it was DPD? Their system will not allow drivers to make early deliveries.

With the failed delivery, did you get a non delivery card? If not, I suspect no attempt to deliver was ever made.
Yes it was DPD. They put a card through the door and posted a photo of my front door on the tracking page.

With regards to the failed delivery, there was no card, and like you, I suspect the driver never even attempted to deliver.

I also had three large bags of Cat Litter left in the street at the outside door to the block of flats. I received a delivery notification with a photograph and had to hump 3 cwt of Litter up 48 stairs, a disabled OAP.
When I order Cat Litter the drivers ding the deliveries until I complain to the vendor and they get on the case.

IMHO DPD are NBG.

Tags:

anything