Author Topic: Purchase Advice 2013 Honda Jazz si  (Read 2244 times)

Martin Haworth

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz si 20113
Purchase Advice 2013 Honda Jazz si
« on: June 14, 2019, 08:39:30 PM »
Hi Folks,

Forum Newbie here. Looking to finalize a purchase of a 2013 Jazz si this weekend. Asking price £5,100. One owner fsh - though some of it independent. 54K on the clock. Good condition. Vendor is a non-Honda franchise dealer.

I've looked over the service history and they have agreed to:

- change brake fluid
- check valve clearances
- change transmission fluid

Basic servicing has been done every year.

So, please can you help me out.  What do I need to ask for / check?

Thank you in advance.

Martin

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
Re: Purchase Advice 2013 Honda Jazz si
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 08:41:43 PM »
Get a new MOT.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

tomreys

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Jazz
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 12:05:38 AM »
Most important: Check underside of it for rust..The rest can be fixed!
I went on Jazz hunting myself, even at this Young age I saw some examples that were just all polished up for sale, but the actual cars were very sorry looking when you digged more deep in to them...Also check for HPI , A LOT of Jazzes on market are insurance damaged.

Take your time,specially with garages where they like to polish up everything for sale so you can't see the actual condition of the car...

btw I purchased 2012, EX , 55k miles for 2250 at start of this week.
At that price I don't know... it must be a total minter with 0 problems in 100% clean condition everywhere- I mean Brand new looking everywhere... & even than try to haggle something off

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 12:08:23 AM by tomreys »

Martin Haworth

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 07:27:03 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

So,

new mot

check underside for condition

Haggle

Top advice.

Martin

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 01:04:59 PM »
As a guide it may be useful to look at the Honda approved used vehicles https://usedcars.honda.co.uk/en/home (which are still subject to haggling over the price).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 10:50:30 AM »
Shame you can't contact the last owner, i always do that when buying second hand cars.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 12:30:40 PM »
With the registration you can check the MOT history here https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 11:09:43 AM »
Hi,
That seems expensive for a 6 year old car, have you shopped around the Honda dealers, I got Honda are warranty including servicing when I bought my  jazz, 5 years old, low milage and £5,000.

Martin Haworth

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 06:17:09 PM »
Thanks for all your advice.

Had a long test drive yesterday and got it down to much nearer 4k. With 1yr warranty.

Picking it up next Monday after they have done agreed work (brake fluid, valve clearances, transmission fluid, air bag recall).

One final question. Some forum posts elsewhere have said you can get a full 16"spare under a level boot floor. Honda say you can't, and direct you to a spacesaver.

Can any of you give me a definitive answer on this last point. I plan to source from fleabay-unless anyone here has spares?

Thanks again

Martin

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 06:34:35 PM »
Thanks for all your advice.

Had a long test drive yesterday and got it down to much nearer 4k. With 1yr warranty.

Picking it up next Monday after they have done agreed work (brake fluid, valve clearances, transmission fluid, air bag recall).

One final question. Some forum posts elsewhere have said you can get a full 16"spare under a level boot floor. Honda say you can't, and direct you to a spacesaver.

Can any of you give me a definitive answer on this last point. I plan to source from fleabay-unless anyone here has spares?

Thanks again

Martin

My wife has a full size spare in her Mk2 Jazz, she uses one of the manky diamond cut 16" 185/ 55 wheels originally supplied with the Si ( I fitted 15" alloys with 175/65 tyres as I was quoted £100 a wheel to get rid of white worm corrosion under clearcoat on diamond cut,  which had gone under pant as well, the wheels have never been kerbed, just stone chip damage etc. and the ride is better with 15" )...  we had to throw out the expanded polystyrene tray with useless gunk in it but kept the electric pump which fits inside the dished side of spare wheel. You will need to get a hold down bolt though, I made one out of 8mm threaded bolt a wing nut and a 3 mm thick piece of sheet metal ( actually I bought all parts from B&Q, the cream square of metal was a large L bracket that I chopped the other leg off and opened up an existing hole to 9mm ).  Have attached PDF with photos to post.

The coloured bags in well of the wheel have electric pump, tools for jack and a telescopic wheel nut wrench and hi vis vests, gloves and a towel. Show that to the man at Honda,  they just want to sell you a £200 space saver wheel.... robbery

the boot floor sits flat and no need for a board across the wheel well either,  perfect.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 06:58:43 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 07:14:36 PM »
The spare wheel in my Mk 1 doesn't sit in an expanded poly tray. Just sits on the floor a culzean's does.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 09:21:18 PM »
Cox Motor Parts (a trustworthy source) list a full-sized spare https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda/honda-jazz/2009-2015-jazz/2009-2015-jazz-wheels/ with no mention of a spacesaver wheel.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Martin Haworth

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2019, 04:30:15 PM »
You beauties!

Just got a cheap steel 16" with a good tyre for just under a ton. Got a retaining bolt thing off Amazon for a tenner.

Just put it in the car and it fits! Really happy with this, far better than crappy puncture repair liquid or space saver.

Thanks to this top forum.

Martin

Tags:

anything