Author Topic: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure  (Read 37597 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2024, 06:58:01 PM »
I would be reading the latent defects provision in consumer legislation as it addresses the issue of something which was defective when the product was manufacturered but which takes time and use to become apparent.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2024, 07:55:58 AM »
Even Max Verstappen experienced a braking problem! So now there will be more attention :P

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2024, 12:38:24 PM »
Even Max Verstappen experienced a braking problem! So now there will be more attention :P

So his Max fer Stoppin, was deemed insufficient eh!

Chis52

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHev
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2024, 11:12:25 AM »
I have just discovered this forum since I also appear to have the brake problem with my Jazz eHEV which is 3.5 years old with just under 9K mileage. When I started up yesterday I got the “Christmas tree” lights effect on the display which was flashing between ES and EP with 2 red circles around the letters. When I tried moving the car I noticed the brakes were very spongey and after driving the car a few yards I got a red Stop signal. I put the car back in my parking slot and phoned my local Honda dealer who informed me that the earliest they could take the car in for a diagnostic check would be Wed 3rd April. My 3 year warranty expired in Sep 23 so I guess I am in for a big hit financially. I will post the result of the diagnostic check as soon as I have it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 11:22:59 AM by Chis52 »

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2024, 08:52:20 PM »
I have just discovered this forum since I also appear to have the brake problem with my Jazz eHEV which is 3.5 years old with just under 9K mileage. When I started up yesterday I got the “Christmas tree” lights effect on the display which was flashing between ES and EP with 2 red circles around the letters. When I tried moving the car I noticed the brakes were very spongey and after driving the car a few yards I got a red Stop signal. I put the car back in my parking slot and phoned my local Honda dealer who informed me that the earliest they could take the car in for a diagnostic check would be Wed 3rd April. My 3 year warranty expired in Sep 23 so I guess I am in for a big hit financially. I will post the result of the diagnostic check as soon as I have it.

This is a very concerning thread, since it was started a couple of months ago.

When I bought my EX model, one year and ten months ago, I was fortunate in taking advantage, of the five year guarantee and servicing, if I took out the Honda finance deal for a minimum of six months.

Am I correct in thinking, that this brake simulator, will be covered for the full five years, for those fortunate enough to have had the finance deal package in place?

Still think this is a brilliant car though!

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2024, 09:59:02 PM »
As unfortunate as these instances are, I'm also a member of the Mazda CX-60 forum on Facebook. To say that the CX-60 is an utter ********** show in terms of reliability is an understatement. Early adopters have been saddled with a plethora of problems. There are currently more than 10 TSBs to address serious issues - such as sticky steering, transmission shock (juddering), rear suspension / front suspension problems, camera failures (which result in the vehicle slamming on the brakes for ghost vehicles etc, etc). I'd say that, at a guess, most owners have at least 5 issues, with some experiencing 20+ (to the point that countless owners are trying to reject their vehicles). And this was Mazda's so called attempt at luxury!!

So, in comparison, the Mk4 Jazz is reliable as they come. Yes, the brake failure one is expensive. And I sympathize with owners who have had that issue :( But let's put things into perspective! I think us Honda owners are spoilt sometimes ;-)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:00:48 PM by Jayt43 »

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2024, 07:33:49 AM »

When I bought my EX model, one year and ten months ago, I was fortunate in taking advantage, of the five year guarantee and servicing, if I took out the Honda finance deal for a minimum of six months.

Am I correct in thinking, that this brake simulator, will be covered for the full five years, for those fortunate enough to have had the finance deal package in place?

I too find it a tad concerning and similarly to you, my car is 1 year 6 months old. However, it was pointed out earlier in the thread that this simulator was a known (by Honda) fault, and was restricted to cars manufactured in a certain timescale during 2020. So hopefully we are ok.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2024, 08:30:17 AM »

I too find it a tad concerning and similarly to you, my car is 1 year 6 months old. However, it was pointed out earlier in the thread that this simulator was a known (by Honda) fault, and was restricted to cars manufactured in a certain timescale during 2020. So hopefully we are ok.
If you check your car's VIN (chassis) number against the list on page 4 of this thread you can be certain one way or the other (unfortunately my Crosstar is on the list)

Chis52

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHev
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2024, 10:45:25 AM »
As unfortunate as these instances are, I'm also a member of the Mazda CX-60 forum on Facebook. To say that the CX-60 is an utter ********** show in terms of reliability is an understatement. Early adopters have been saddled with a plethora of problems. There are currently more than 10 TSBs to address serious issues - such as sticky steering, transmission shock (juddering), rear suspension / front suspension problems, camera failures (which result in the vehicle slamming on the brakes for ghost vehicles etc, etc). I'd say that, at a guess, most owners have at least 5 issues, with some experiencing 20+ (to the point that countless owners are trying to reject their vehicles). And this was Mazda's so called attempt at luxury!!

So, in comparison, the Mk4 Jazz is reliable as they come. Yes, the brake failure one is expensive. And I sympathize with owners who have had that issue :( But let's put things into perspective! I think us Honda owners are spoilt sometimes ;-)

I don’t follow the logic of this post. Just because there is another model of car with numerous faults does not mean that the problem with the brake failure with the Jazz eHEV models is not serious. It renders the car undriveable and the time off road and cost of repair is unacceptable for a low milesge vehicle that is only a few years old.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:54:04 AM by Chis52 »

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2024, 04:07:48 PM »
Suddenly had virtually the same problem last night (various messages, actual poor braking etc ) as you (Chis 52). After turning off the ignition it became driveable again. Same thing happened today and again after turning off once or twice it was OK. I have contacted my local dealer and dropped the car off as they may have a brief look Thursday but more likely, like you, early next week. Its only 3 years 9 months old with 12000 on the clock. I would like to know how many cars are having this problem. I'm not use to this with Honda having owned a Honda Jazz (Mk 2 and Mk3) since 2009. I dont have an extended warranty but I would hope that Honda will be supportive on this. We will see!

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2024, 09:24:11 PM »
This sounds like a significantly growing problem.  I'd be amazed if a manufacturer could get away with dismissing the issue or making customers pay for it to be fixed,  imagine the negative press it would lead to. Who would want to buy a used example if they could be landed with a disabled car and a £1500 bill shortly after buying a 3yr old car?

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2024, 09:42:46 PM »
I say again -

Martin Lewis? Which? & possibly AA?

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2024, 10:19:21 PM »
It does look as if there are at least 5 or 6 similar problems just on this forum and looking at the CRV forum and Japanese "recalls" list it may well be fairly extensive or possibly so in the future. Once my garage have actually diagnosed the fault, although it certainly looks like it will be the brake simulator from these posts, I will certainly expect a goodwill gesture on a car of this age and mileage and if not I will take it further with Honda and elsewhere if necessary.
Like most Honda owners I have always been impressed with their reliability and advocated them to many friends and so I really do hope they will sort these problems out in the right way for all customers.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #88 on: Today at 03:57:40 AM »
Sounds like Honda need to get these kits sent to the UK asap knowing they are going to be needed

Having to wait months for repair due to parts supply is unsatisfactory

... and while your car is standing around waiting, the batteries are probably degrading which may lead to future problems
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #89 on: Today at 09:27:07 AM »
I am a bit confused by the chassis numbers on the list on page 4.   They show 7 digits.  My car appears to end in  6 digits    2021** 

If I ignore  the first digit  this appears to put my car within the GR3 1200001  -GR3 1218092
May21 3rd  year of Reiwa  (21 may 2021) to 2 Feb  4th year of Reiwa   (2 feb 2022)  which is about right as the car was delivered in October 2021.   

Is this correct?   
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: