Author Topic: From Jazz SE 1.3 to Jazz Sport 1.5  (Read 4191 times)

karlh

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Sport Navi 2018 Manual
Re: From Jazz SE 1.3 to Jazz Sport 1.5
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 10:06:41 PM »
Just got my 2018 Jazz Sport 1.5L 6 speed manual about a week ago .

On a 70MPH dual carriageway run , driving very gently , the trip computer reckons about 48MPG

Driving around town and "testing" how "perky" its engine is the trip computer reckoned about 34MPG, but this was with me being a bit heavy, so when I start acting my 50 years of age again, it'll probably be a bit better !

I've never owned or driven a 1.3 Jazz, so I can't give any meaningful comparison.

Its more perky than my outgoing 2.0L petrol Mazda6 at low speed and off the line, but that's a much bigger car carrying around another 380Kg of weight, for an 155BHP engine. But the Mazda has a bit more in gear aceleration at lower RPM.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 08:08:52 AM »
A week old car will have a tight engine, give it a few thousand miles to get a representative mpg.

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 03:33:41 PM »
Just got my 2018 Jazz Sport 1.5L 6 speed manual about a week ago .

On a 70MPH dual carriageway run , driving very gently , the trip computer reckons about 48MPG

Driving around town and "testing" how "perky" its engine is the trip computer reckoned about 34MPG, but this was with me being a bit heavy, so when I start acting my 50 years of age again, it'll probably be a bit better !

I've never owned or driven a 1.3 Jazz, so I can't give any meaningful comparison.

Its more perky than my outgoing 2.0L petrol Mazda6 at low speed and off the line, but that's a much bigger car carrying around another 380Kg of weight, for an 155BHP engine. But the Mazda has a bit more in gear aceleration at lower RPM.

We missed out on the 0% finance deal on the Sport as it had ended by the time we saw it at the dealers. :( Hopefully they will do it again this year!

But I am still interested in how the 1.5 compares with the 1.3 in terms of real life economy. I don't usually trust the onboard MPG computer so it would be great if you can give me an idea of what difference you have noticed between the two aside from the performance?

Also as we have had several Hondas (Civic and Jazz's) in the family over the years, one thing I have noticed is the clutch is usually quite weak. On my old Civic and my wife's Jazz, I've noticed that if you do a lot of hill starts (our drive is very steep) or lots of stop and go journeys, the clutch starts to feels strange, something kind of gives slightly int he mechanism but it isn't slipping as such. I'd like to know if the clutch in the 1.5 is beefier than the one in the 1.3.

Tags: