Author Topic: New Jazz SE CVT on order  (Read 13015 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: New Jazz SE CVT on order
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 02:56:41 PM »
New 2016 Jazz coming from their brand new plant Celaya Mexico, Same as HRV. Best get your Sombrerrs looked out!
I've just seen the chassis code on the one at my local dealer.

It's JHMGK which, I am assured, means Japan.

The salesman also took me for a spin in his first new Jazz of 11 miles of town and country (I declined the invitation to drive it because it's manual, which I haven't used for over 4 years). While the engine seemed a little noisy when revved on the forecourt the noise wasn't noticeable on the road. The car's computer reported 53 mpg for the mixed driving conditions with A/C on.

The most noticeable reflection on the windscreen is from the air vents (see attached photo) and the reflectiion from the area behind the steering wheel on the Mk II isn't there, so I have confirmed my order.

I also noticed the very large area of blocked off windscreen behind the mirror (see photo). This houses the sensors for some of the clever technology. I'll have to find somewhere else to put the car cam.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 08:20:12 PM »
Well don't like the Sunset Orange. Something else I noticed when the bonnet was opened the underside is not painted body colour just some over spray, same with the engine compartment and the inside of the petrol filler cover. Honda saving money again. Soon they won't be putting rear seats in :-)). I like the fact that they are trying to get rid of the ' boring Honda' tag with the shape etc, but the colours, 'BORING'. Will look at some more when I'm back from a well earned holiday.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 09:29:48 PM »
I'm not sure if I like the blocked off area of the windscreen behind the mirror. Being tall its more intrusive but that's sitting in the showroom.
I'm yet to test drive as I'm thinking about going back to a manual  for the first time in years

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 09:44:56 PM »
Something else I noticed when the bonnet was opened the underside is not painted body colour just some over spray, same with the engine compartment and the inside of the petrol filler cover. Honda saving money again.

Not sure about inside the petrol flap, but under the bonnet is the same on our daughter's 2014 mk2 Jazz.   Her's feels altogether "cheaper" than our 2009 car, despite them both being EX's.

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 09:56:39 PM »
Does the S have the sensors behind the mirror. ???

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 04:01:51 PM »
Does the blocked off section house the auto wiper sensors? I've never seen the sensors packaged in such big housing before and it's right where I place my dashcam behind the mirror.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »
I have had a few 3 cylinder engines, one with a turbo, they are smoother than a four cylinder if the configuration is 120 degrees, some 3 pot motors were 180 degree, but these aren't smooth and have tended to have other issues.
There's no reason why a well engineered and properly built 3 cylinder engines life should be much if any shorter than its four cylinder counterpart?

My Dad's Kia Picanto has a terrific n/a three cylinder engine, not very quick but very smooth. I was initially skeptical about three cylinder engines after driving a VW Polo, Skoda Fabia and Vauxhall Corsa with three cylinder engines but the Kia's engine changed my position (I don't know what the angle configurations are of any of these engines, but the VW group and Vauxhall engine were old tech designs that have or will be replaced).

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 06:15:26 PM »
Does the blocked off section house the auto wiper sensors? I've never seen the sensors packaged in such big housing before and it's right where I place my dashcam behind the mirror.
The old Jazz had a much smaller sensor behind the mirror for the auto wipers (and maybe the auto headlights). The big sensor unit on the new Jazz is for some / all of:  Auto wipers; auto headlights (including light dipping); forward collision warning; traffic sign recognition; lane departure warning; and city-brake active system.

The full answer might be in the driver's handbook which fills what used to be called the glove box.

I've also got my dashcam behind the mirror and am wondering where to put it on the new model. The first suggestion was at the top of the windscreen on the passenger side but this will be outside the wiper coverage. Given that Honda must have used a camera for the sign recognition then all they needed to add was GPS and a micro-SD card slot so that those drivers who wanted a dashcam just added thier card.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest4871

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 06:38:31 PM »
Something else I noticed when the bonnet was opened the underside is not painted body colour just some over spray, same with the engine compartment and the inside of the petrol filler cover. Honda saving money again.

Not sure about inside the petrol flap, but under the bonnet is the same on our daughter's 2014 mk2 Jazz.   Her's feels altogether "cheaper" than our 2009 car, despite them both being EX's.

All very strange. My March 2014 Jazz EX is painted under the bonnet and petrol cap cover with the body colour paint colour. It seems, about that time, Honda had stopped putting the sticker in the driver's foot well which shows the positions of the fuses in the fuse box. I thought that a little mean.

Tags:

anything