Author Topic: Nerve gas incident.  (Read 3395 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Nerve gas incident.
« on: March 12, 2018, 05:44:41 PM »
So the nerve gas has been put down to Russia. Makes Brexit pale a bit. Lets see what measures the government takes over this. No World Cup for government toadies!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Nerve gas incident.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 06:38:21 PM »
What can they do? What happened last time?

Does anybody really want to stir up this nest of hornets?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/12/tory-links-russia-saudi-links-corbyn-spy-extremism

...and before anyone jumps on it, I know it's Owen Jones, but all the links to the stories are in the article.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:41:29 PM by sparky Paul »

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 06:48:34 PM »
Absolutely nothing we can do. The EU won't want to know, NATO (Trump) won't be interested. We won't even stop the English team from going to the World Cup. The Russians are already laughing at the UK parliament, calling it a "circus". They are not far wrong there.
Freeze all Russian assets in the UK and send all Russian passport holder home, starting with the oligarchs. Oh. I forgot, it is the same oligarchs and their money that is keeping the UK afloat. We are the largest money launderers outside of the Caribbean and don't want to upset the apple cart.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »
Freeze all Russian assets in the UK and send all Russian passport holder home, starting with the oligarchs. Oh. I forgot, it is the same oligarchs and their money that is keeping the UK afloat. We are the largest money launderers outside of the Caribbean and don't want to upset the apple cart.

Bingo.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 07:22:48 PM »
Absolutely nothing we can do. The EU won't want to know, NATO (Trump) won't be interested. We won't even stop the English team from going to the World Cup. The Russians are already laughing at the UK parliament, calling it a "circus". They are not far wrong there.

I agree. Let's get rid of the Welfare State which Russian money funds. Let the poor starve if they don't work...and OAPs can die of cold when the state pension is cut..

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 07:38:55 PM »
I think Jocko's bit might have been rhetorical.  :)

guest5079

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 09:32:56 AM »
Interesting article from the Guardian. Of course the paper is a supporter of the Conservative party!!!!!!!!!!!!. It was the Manchester Guardian and is just a tad left wing.  I have dealt with our MP's in my official capacity and found them to be rather duplicitous in their behaviour. I also dealt with several Russians. This is at the time of the cold war and found them very polite ( yes I know, two faced comes to mind) and always did what they were to do ( They had a habit of breaking their boundaries. They were restricted as to where they could go) Never refused details when requested. I had to deal with this travesty of justice called diplomatic immunity and I am sorry to say the worst people that tried that one on were two very young Irish women.
Whereas the MP's of blue designation were as above, I stopped a person who had some suspicious material in his car and he refused to even speak to me. When threatened with being deprived of his liberty, I was abused etc. He was a Labour minister who didn't speak to  lowly beings such as I.
I do however think it is pot calling kettle black with these MP's getting onto the gravy train. They are all as bad as one another whether blue red or shades between. Mr Corben was put back in his box by his own side for his comments about Conservatives and Russian money when the discussion was over the nerve gas incident. If the Russians want to spend their money here, why is that any worse than the Middle Eastern people doing so. If any one is responsible for  money laundering, try the Banks for someone to blame. However I have to agree that it is unlikely Britain will do anything about who ever was responsible for this despicable act but then we come back to this 'B' diplomatic immunity.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 09:55:06 AM »
It appears to me that despite all the huffing and puffing in parliament, no one is really bothered that a WMD (however localised) was used on UK soil. Carragher has raised more press and public interest.
As someone who was a young teenager during the Cuban missile crisis I get a strong and very real sense of foreboding.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 08:48:53 AM »
It appears to me that despite all the huffing and puffing in parliament, no one is really bothered that a WMD (however localised) was used on UK soil. Carragher has raised more press and public interest.
As someone who was a young teenager during the Cuban missile crisis I get a strong and very real sense of foreboding.

At least Trump came out straight away and said he was behind UK all the way on this incident and their response,  his predecessor President  O'Barmy would have said,  'get to the back of the queue - and don't upset the Russians'.

Looks like World cup could be boycotted by many nations as well.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 01:52:49 PM »
Watched the Statement in the House and it looks like a proportional reaction. Lets see where things go now.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 10:48:20 PM »

Just more games.

Usual diversionary tactics adopted by government. After the victory march to Salisbury, May appears to be in fine fettle. It seems, she has received resounding support from her 'friends' in Europe. Very well done, Prime Minister. So good in fact that we almost missed the recent announcement on yet more backsliding on the Brexit transitional fudge. Who mentioned smoke and mirrors...

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 09:41:04 AM »
Germany, although paying lip service to condemning Russia will not willingly join any sanctions that will damage trade or their gas supplies.  For once France seems to be more on our side.  Corbyn hardly covered himself in glory with his response and had to send John McDonnell  out on some shows to apologise for him.

[removed by Admin]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:39:58 PM by RichardA »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything