Author Topic: Fuse scheme for Hybrid Jazz Mk2  (Read 2237 times)

Bonobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Fuse scheme for Hybrid Jazz Mk2
« on: March 21, 2020, 01:09:19 PM »
Can anyone please share a fuse scheme for Hybrid Jazz Mk2 showing which fuse is what? Surprisingly googling did not help.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Fuse scheme for Hybrid Jazz Mk2
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 01:33:47 PM »
Don't know if there is anything useful here: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html

guest4871

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 07:30:11 PM »
My car came without a label showing fuses. (NB Not a hybrid)

Honda were not able to supply one and I don't think it exists.

The Honda dealer uses the Owners Manual as a guide - but the fuses may not be exactly as indicated!

NewJazzyowner

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 Jazz HybridHX-T
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 04:09:45 PM »
Hi, I am struggling with working out which fuse covers what. The supplied manual is not helpful at all.

I have lost my interior lights, audio/navigation unit and central locking. Reading online I have found a suggestion that it is fuse 8 (15a) under the bonnet but this was on a Mk1. Fuse 8 under the dash by drivers right knee appears OK. When the interior light blew (changing the bulb) I also got a warning of the IMA (my car is 2012 Hybrid) which now seems permanent. Stationery the engine won't rev over 4500 now. Any suggestions gratefully received as to what to do (as its not easy to get to a garage in the current lockdown - and I don't really want to pay someone to change a fuse!).

Thanks

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 04:23:06 PM »
I don't really want to pay someone to change a fuse!
It's a pain in the tonsils but why not draw each fuse, one at a time. Eventually, you will find the one that's blown. Then you replace it yourself.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 04:30:31 PM »
manual for MK2 with wiring diagrams near bottom of index,  don't know if if covers hybrid but have a looksee

http://hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

NewJazzyowner

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 04:52:37 PM »
Thanks both.

I've looked at that link before but it doesn't indicate what each fuse covers so I am none the wiser. Guess it will be a case of removing them one by one Jocko - when its stopped raining!

As for the under bonnet fuses (on the battery terminal) the handbook states to leave these to a dealer. Can anyone say if it is likely fuse 1 which is i think the IMA battery might have blown simply by the interior light going?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 07:49:06 PM »
Fuse 1 normally kills everything. You are looking at a micro fuse. Not one of the big power fuses.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 09:00:21 AM »
Fuse 1 (10A) in the under dash fuse box is the fuse for the interior light, it is also the back-up fuse for many other permanent live powered items.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 09:07:17 AM »
Fuse 1 normally kills everything. You are looking at a micro fuse. Not one of the big power fuses.
I was referring to the large under bonnet fuse.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 10:16:54 AM »
Thanks both.

I've looked at that link before but it doesn't indicate what each fuse covers so I am none the wiser. Guess it will be a case of removing them one by one Jocko - when its stopped raining!

As for the under bonnet fuses (on the battery terminal) the handbook states to leave these to a dealer. Can anyone say if it is likely fuse 1 which is i think the IMA battery might have blown simply by the interior light going?

Don't know what you mean, there are reams of information in there including full wiring diagrams, I have attached screen dumps in a 3 page PDF for the interior fusebox ( taken from the linked manual ), clearly showing fuse number, size and location in the fusebox and what the fuse supplies.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:19:28 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

NewJazzyowner

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 01:11:42 PM »
Thanks Culzean.

I didn't get the pages to open as you have attached here. Most useful and just what I wanted.

I have new fuses and the rain has just stopped so I am on my way out to try and sort it.

Just hope the IMA warning light is linked to it somehow and the warning light disappears. Fingers crossed.

NewJazzyowner

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 01:56:52 PM »
So - its clearly not my day!

Firstly the new fuses I bought have long prongs not the short and dumpy ones as in the panel. Can I use them although sticking out more? (I haven't as yet- see below)

I have changed (interchanged) 10a fuses at position 1,5,16 and 29. None of the fuses appear to have blown (i used 16 rear wiper as a test) and yet the interior lights etc. under fuse 1 still remain inoperable.

Have any of you got other suggestions for me to try please?

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 03:02:11 PM »
You say the fuse blew when changing the interior bulb. Is the new bulb either defective or blowing fuses if inserted incorrectly. You really need a test meter so you can measure the voltage on the little pips on top of the fuse to see if the fuse is blown. It has been known for some cheap LED bulbs to blow fuses, so I would take the bulb out and leave it out, and then see what else still fails, as the interior light symptom could be a red herring.
In the past I blew a fuse plugging a dodgy  plug into cig lighter socket, and automatically plugged the same plug into another  socket and blew that fuse as well, so it's easy to get side-tracked/distracted by a false symptom.
A fuse  is there to protect a circuit, wires, switches , as well as bulbs, so your first job is to prove the fuse is blowing.
 A bit long winded, sorry, but I hope this might help.

NewJazzyowner

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 03:10:26 PM »
Thanks Bill.

I did insert an LED bulb which blew the system. I have now put the original bulbs back in. However following your drift I will take the bulbs out and use my meter to check the voltage on the board. (I have now got the correct fuses to insert!)

Tags:

anything