Author Topic: Jump Start Portable Power Bank  (Read 987 times)

josall

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 EX
Jump Start Portable Power Bank
« on: April 29, 2020, 12:27:21 PM »
Hi everyone, has anyone used and can recommend a portable power bank which I can use to start my Jazz if it has a flat battery and can be used by the grandkids to charge/operate their numerous phones, tablets and games ?

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
Re: Jump Start Portable Power Bank
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 12:54:50 PM »
I bought one just after getting the Jazz.

Came in a case. Instructions. Mains charger.and cigarette lighter incar charger.
It's good to charge if you're going for a decent drive

Short power cables with clips.

I have used it several times. And it started the car ok.

Cost about £70
Pictures to follow

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

geoffchats

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 02:12:12 PM »
I have one called an Artek that I got from Amazon. It was £70-ish and although quite expensive it works brilliantly even starting my classic BMW 2.5i Coupe that had a completely flat battery with ease. Fortunately I've never had to use it on my 2009 Jazz EX Ishift but if it starts a 6-cyl Beemer I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. It pays to read the instructions quite carefully as there are some regular maintenance things that need doing to maintain the warranty and also to avoid damaging the unit while in use. Highly recommended...

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 02:21:50 PM »
I bought one just after getting the Jazz.

Came in a case. Instructions. Mains charger.and cigarette lighter incar charger.
It's good to charge if you're going for a decent drive

Short power cables with clips.

I have used it several times. And it started the car ok.

Cost about £70
Pictures to follow

Pictures

Available on Ebay

ianhj

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 07:02:17 PM »
Secondly vote for DB Power - great bits of kit.

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 05:45:48 PM »
Hi, Also purchased similar item.

I found 'FlyHi 300A Peak 8000mAh Portable Car Jump Starter Power Bank(Up to 2.5 L Gas Engine, NOT FOR DIESEL Engine), with Powerful USB Charging Port, Built-in' item which I bought via Amazon (no other choice at time so had to use amazon) & gotta say, this got us out of trouble a few times (you may have to copy and paste into google to find item if reply does not show this as a 'clickable link'). Really easy to use &, due to forgetting to recharge after use, actually had over 3 or 4, uses before recharging. Open bonnet, conect both crocodile clips to corresponding nuts on battery, let power pack/power bank rest on 'engine' & turn ignition key/button...immediately started car as if new battery had been installed. Never go anywhere without it now and have actually had to use recently when temp fell to near freezing and below for almost a week & car had also been parked up for a few days. Truly is a cracking piece of kit an is literally about the size of 1 of todays, what some people call 'mobile phone' but about as wide as a packet of fags!. Also has a torch and ability to recharge mobile phones, although never had need to use either of these functions. Definitely beats carrying around pair of lengthy heavy cables or 12v jump start tool that is about size and weight of a car battery, to begin with!

At the time of purchase it had been knocked to just shy of £30 at £28.99, original price was between £70 - 80.00. If you can grab one of these must have gadgets, get it!

Tags:

anything