Author Topic: sparkplugs  (Read 4354 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: sparkplugs
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 06:11:47 AM »
My son-in-law did mine, but he found the rear ones easier than the front. GD does not require the dismantling that later models require, just to gain access.

jonathan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4SE
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 09:37:12 AM »
These are the tolls that i used. The middle extension is 125mm. These were used to remove back 4 spark plugs.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 09:43:53 AM »
My son-in-law did mine, but he found the rear ones easier than the front. GD does not require the dismantling that later models require, just to gain access.

rear ones easier than the front?

I think most people that have done the plugs on a GD engine will say that the front ones are easier than the rear ones!

jonathan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4SE
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 04:19:40 PM »
On the 1.4l 2004 early model there is a plastic cover over the front spark plug covers, and partially gets in the way of removing the back plugs which removes with 2 screws.

The back four are only marginally less difficult but with the right tools and carefull not to drop screws/spark plugs  down the back of the engine where they should not go it should be just as quick.

:)

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 05:39:43 AM »
It wasn't overly difficult, it was just the access that was a bit trickier than the front, the tools I had weren't absolutely perfect for the job but I managed anyway, there's always a way to make do, even if , as a last resort, you have to go and buy some tools, it's still cheaper than going to a garage.

I found it easier to use a socket bar (with a 'knuckle' joint on it) as it lets you turn the plugs with the handle of the bar at any angle you like, my ratchet is fixed at 90 degrees, so was harder to get in between the  top of the engine and the bulkhead (the panel behind it), longer handle on the bar also gives you more leverage than shorter handle on most ratchets if they are a bit seized in.

Good luck.

guest7566

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 12:33:38 AM »
before changing your plugs make sure you have a long enough extension for your plug socket, they are really deep.

Tags: