Author Topic: Autoglym wheel seal  (Read 6825 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Autoglym wheel seal
« on: August 07, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
Anyone used this?

I like to protect my alloys on my Jazz Sport, but given th paint finish on these wheels I don’t want to chance using the Clean Wheels in case it damages the finish!

So I’ve got a can of this spray product, simply spray of wipe on and then buff off. I’ll post some feedback once I’ve seen the results, but in the meantime, feel free to tells us what you think of it if you’ve used it.

guest403

Re: Autoglym wheel seal
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 09:04:12 PM »
Its not bad on wide spokes but it can make a real mess of your brakes as it says not to get it on them. I switched to the paste type on my Jazz with finger pocket applicators.

Geoff

Goffs Oak

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 10:23:12 PM »
/\ Which paste-based product are you using?

guest403

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 11:12:11 AM »
Hello!!

I am using the Poorboys one now, before i used the Detailers Pride one. The latter one is quite goopy, much like hair putty/wax in consistancy.

The wheel sealants really mean you dont need to use a wheel cleaner to wash your wheels!! The Autoglym one is great but i found it hard to use on my Jazz wheels as i was afraid of getting it on the discs. I find you can use EGP on your wheels too.

Geoff

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 07:49:36 PM »
I just spent half a day cleaning my jazz and used autoglym wheel seal.

Since I was doing a thorough clean by removing each wheel and cleaning it front and back, once it was nice n dry giving it a coat of autoglym wheel seal was easy since it was off the car:)

guest238

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 08:44:20 PM »
My brother gave some Poorboy's Wheel Sealant to try (bright pink paste type).

Basically, it works  8)

Google for suppliers.

guest765

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 07:50:05 AM »
Using Autoglym wheel  seal and then driving the car after .....take the wheels off to do it.
Especially do the back of the wheel to stop brake dust build up, and the wheelseal getting on the discs........

Tags:

anything