Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / What oil
« Last post by Lincolnshire Poacher on Today at 07:53:49 AM »
I have a 2013 Honda Freed Spike 1493cc Hybrid. It is based on the Jazz/Fit and was made for the JDM market.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the correct oil make and grade for this please?

Any help is appreciated.
New Members / Lincolnshire Poacher has arrived
« Last post by Lincolnshire Poacher on Today at 07:47:01 AM »
Hi All

my name is Les also known as Lincolnshire Poacher in many groups and forums. As well as owning a 1980 Honda CB650 bike I have owned a 1995 Rover (Honda) 400, a couple of Civics and the wife has previously had a Jazz.

We have just taken delivery of a 2013 Honda Freed Spike Hybrid. This is a JDM car that is based on the Jazz/Fit.  It looks different and is a really nice smooth drive. I have some questions regarding the correct oil to use but will post in the appropriate forum.

I'm looking forward to participating in what looks to be a great group.

LP
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Help me with Crosstar white shades!
« Last post by Marco1979 on Today at 06:18:37 AM »
Iím not sure how the black roof will look over time, since it is not painted in black (itís foil). Personally I would go for sunlight silverish white without the black roof. ChoicesÖ
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Help me with Crosstar white shades!
« Last post by CtrlAltDel on June 24, 2024, 10:43:46 PM »
In winter the black roof could heat up more under sunshine, helping to warm up the cabin.

In hot summer weather the white roof should help to keep the cabin cool. So for maximum comfort, one should drive a white car in the summer, and a black car in the winter.

At least in New Zealand it seems to be available in two tone color: https://www.honda.co.nz/jazz/jazz-crosstar-two-tone/

Thatís a very valid point 😂 thank you!

I love the two tone effect but my father in law has a HRV in the sunlight white and I really like it too! I was just surprised to see a more platinum white
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: 2018 Honda Jazz manual - stop /start
« Last post by HertsHonda on June 24, 2024, 10:11:33 PM »

The Auto Idle Stop on my 2017 Jazz Mk3 has not functioned for over 12 months. All the 'fixes'(including asking ChatGPT/Copillot) have failed.
Although the Jazz starts first time, perhaps it really is time for a new battery?
Recently I looked at the Cox website for a replacement.
There is an interesting footnote on the pages for battery part no.31500T5AG11 regarding the procedure that should be carried out after fitting a new battery, for vehicles with stop / start technology.
But not on the page for battery part no.31500T5AG01.

In a post by Xlogohttps:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=16854.0
I see Jazzaro has posted a photo of the battery showing the small device that monitors the charge/discharge of the battery in the negative lead.
The post suggests that during jump starting AND charging the negative lead is connected to the vehicle chassis - not to the battery post?
This is similar to "Special Battery Charging Treatment" in Honda Service Note SR-27-001-00
Maybe if I jump start my Jazz connected this way I might revive the AIS ?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Clear radio memory
« Last post by ahavoja on June 24, 2024, 09:43:13 PM »
I also have not yet found any way to delete saved radio stations. :( Feels like bad design if it is not possible. Saving the same station many times, like this (ABCDDDDD), is not fun because if you cycle the saved stations from the steering wheel buttons, then you have to cycle through the same station many times.

A better workaround could be to save the stations this way: (ABCDABCD). Then it should work almost as if there were just 4 stations stored.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Google maps
« Last post by UKjim on June 24, 2024, 09:36:21 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I was afraid that would be the answer. Is the only way to get maps on the info screen to have the EX Jazz, or is there another workaround?

I'm not very techy, so apologies if these are stupid questions. When you say you've swapped the GK head unit out, what do you mean exactly?

If your car is a not a ĎNavií model then there is no SatNav capability. There is a long thread on here from a couple of weeks ago entitled New Headunit/ Infotainment, I suggest you read through it at your leisure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Google maps
« Last post by baffled on June 24, 2024, 09:27:56 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I was afraid that would be the answer. Is the only way to get maps on the info screen to have the EX Jazz, or is there another workaround?

I'm not very techy, so apologies if these are stupid questions. When you say you've swapped the GK head unit out, what do you mean exactly?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Google maps
« Last post by UKjim on June 24, 2024, 09:16:22 PM »
The short answer is you canít. The GK head unit is really poor and old tech and quite a few owners, including me have swapped it out for a more modern Android unit which supports wireless CarPlay & Android Auto.

The best you can do is connect your phone via Bluetooth and use your phone screen to view the maps with sound coming via the car audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Handbrake or Brake hold?
« Last post by Jazzyone on June 24, 2024, 09:10:33 PM »
I donít think the Italian key position will to do with safety as such. Itís probably because companies only need to make one sort of steering column to save production costs no matter what side the steering wheel is on and moving the switch isnít necessary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything