Author Topic: 5 adults  (Read 1412 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
5 adults
« on: December 26, 2019, 02:30:53 PM »
Yesterday was the first time I carried 5 adults in the Jazz and I was amazed at how well it coped. The three ladies in the back had a great giggle getting their seat belts on and off, but that may have had more to do with the champagne drunk than the tight squeeze!
One thing about 5 adults in the car is the brakes don't grab. Ever. You have to remember how much weight you are carrying and brake accordingly.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: 5 adults
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 04:34:07 PM »
It's a good test and shows how the Jazz beats all others in terms of accommodation in a small car. I test drove a Yaris before my latest car and, although nice to drive, the room in both the boot but particularly in the back wasn't even in the same ballpark as the Jazz. They used to boast it has more room in the back than a Mercedes S Class.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 05:17:47 PM »
We had a ton of stuff to take with us yesterday and my step daughter expressed doubts as to whether we would have room in the car for it, but it all went into the boot. AND below the tonneau cover.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 05:30:17 PM »
Yes but the shocking thing is that with subsequent models the interior space and  especially boot seem to have shrunk.... we used to get two golf bags, two dismantled trollies ( folded with wheels off ) and suitcases in the boot of mk1's - ( all below that lovely pull-over cover which was replaced on later modes with big bulky one ) but no way in mk2 onwards.. had 5  people in as well and not too squashed...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 07:31:13 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 06:20:46 PM »
They used to boast it has more room in the back than a Mercedes S Class.
That was an advertising claim for the Mk. 3 Jazz which does have very generous rear seat legroom albeit at the expense of the boot length and front seat legroom. I think the designers made the decision that the rear seats should be foldable without removing the headrests and this was the result. It's a shame that they couldn't figure out how to have sliding magic seats.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 10:35:58 AM »
I don't think you will find any car the size of the Jazz that will acccomodate passengers as well. It regularly surprises those unfamiliar with the car.

Tags:

anything