Author Topic: Black window trim between Front and Rear door  (Read 6187 times)

guest2878

Black window trim between Front and Rear door
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:44:13 PM »
Has anyone found a suitable cleaner which restores the black trim between the front and rear doors at window level ?

I have some white hazy finger marks which I cannot remove.   >:( >:( >:(

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Black window trim between Front and Rear door
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 09:04:20 AM »
I used to buy Simoniz  'black chrome' wax polish,  but haven't seen it around recently.  Carplan black trim wax is the nearest I can see and have used it to do all the black / dark trim on the car (roof strips, window wiper arms, exterior area in front of windscreen and strips along lower edge of side windows etc.)

It is actually a wax with black pigment in it, not to be confused with 'back to black' and 'armor all' sprays which are just a clear silicon based liquid with no colour in them - these will put a shine on things that are already black, but will not restore colour.   

I have used an 'armor all' semi-matt finish spray on the dash of my Civic and wifes Jazz,  and it does give a more pleasing, less glaring finish to the plastic.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:32:40 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Black window trim between Front and Rear door
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 11:28:53 AM »
I use Autoglym Bumper & Trim Gel.

Tags: