Author Topic: Necessary or not  (Read 13380 times)

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
Re: Necessary or not
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2023, 08:12:41 PM »
Winter has in my jazz boot -
Thick wind proof jacket with hood
Woolly hat, gloves , scarf , thermal fleece blanket , spare walking socks  waterproof walking boots , folding snow shovel , pack of mars bars , pack of bottles of water , small bag of sand , torch and hand warmer flashing beacon. Flask of hot soup or coffee packet of sandwiches and biscuits !!! And then I wouldn’t go out unless I had to !!

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2023, 08:15:37 PM »
You nailed it there embee. Generation snowflake gets caught out by snowflakes!  :D :D

Honestly they should try driving a proper old car. I ran Citroen Dyane's for 10k's miles. No equipment whatsoever. Still managed to commute 15 miles to work in 6" of snow with just 30bhp and 125/15 tyres. Honestly, you have to wonder how folk would cope today. It had one speed wipers, no heater fan, no insulation etc etc.

The eastern bloc countries survived proper winters in rear wheel drive Lada's succesfully on the finest Russian tyres!

As the saying has it, fail to prepare.......prepare to fail.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2023, 09:03:12 PM »
Winter has in my jazz boot -
Thick wind proof jacket with hood
Woolly hat, gloves , scarf , thermal fleece blanket , spare walking socks  waterproof walking boots , folding snow shovel , pack of mars bars , pack of bottles of water , small bag of sand , torch and hand warmer flashing beacon. Flask of hot soup or coffee packet of sandwiches and biscuits !!! And then I wouldn’t go out unless I had to !!

:) Well I just ventured out to the Click'em Inn in the Wolds, it was snowing, freezing and dense fog. I got to try the foglights for the first time! They worked, like the heater and the Jazz, perfectly. Nothing in the boot apart from our coats.

ahavoja

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar 2024
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2023, 10:14:25 PM »
Are there any other instances of nanny jazz that annoys you?
The slippery conditions warning feels unnecessary most of the time, because even before starting to drive I know it's slippery, as here it's -10 C outside and also snow on the ground. However I like the warning, if the weather gets cold during the drive, as then I'm inside the warm car and might not notice how the temperature and slipperiness outside changes.

Another unnecessary thing for me is the seatbelt reminder, which shows with green color that my seatbelt is on. If I forget to put the seatbelt on and start to drive, the Jazz would warn me with sound anyway. I feel like it's unnecessary to remind me every time that "everything is okay, your seatbelt is on". The only time when this was useful was when I had rear passengers, so I could check that they were wearing their seat belts.

Also the legal disclaimer text on the big navigation display bothers me sometimes if I want to enter a destination to the navigator quickly after power up, because then I need one extra tap to remove that disclaimer text first.

It also bothered me that the speed sign recognition starts flashing every time I drive overspeed. My speedometer shows 53, while the Jazz really travels at 50 km/h, so the speed sign flashed most of the time. Luckily I found a way to turn the flashing off in the settings.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 10:27:59 PM by ahavoja »

CB72

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2023, 12:34:30 AM »

Hey, folks, there's this thing called the internet these days, dead easy to check weather forecasts and travel warnings even if you haven't actually watched the weather forecast on TV.

The Jazz will worn you that there could be ice on the road, but because it doesn't come with traffic and weather info you could be caught out.
I use my smartphone to check driving conditions and traffic before I leave. 
Jazzy isn't that smart, why doesn't it come with Internet instead of having to plug in a smartphone

plasma

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2023, 09:27:52 AM »
I find all the warning tec very good, every bit helps.

Plasma

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2023, 09:34:19 AM »

Plasma
I’m afraid internet weather information is never going to be as accurate as local situations, there are faults with all these updates. The warning coming on has surprised me a few times and I’m sure many on here. It is a helpful guide that’s all.

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2023, 10:50:47 AM »

Plasma
I’m afraid internet weather information is never going to be as accurate as local situations, there are faults with all these updates. The warning coming on has surprised me a few times and I’m sure many on here. It is a helpful guide that’s all.

The ice warning is not internet based.  I'ts determined by local external temperature.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2023, 11:37:58 AM »
The lack of traffic data for the UK is a major omission. Cant say I have used it much anyway, and its available from other sources.   

Even on UK cars you do get alerts in Germany.  (or a partial service maybe)    This has diverted my route a couple of times,  but more often  it has alerted me to some   situation, many kilometers ahead where it says there is no alternative route to avoid it. Most times  nothing actually materialised.

I once spent  about 40 KM expecting the motorway to be blocked by a herd of cows.  .  In the end I spotted the possible source of the alert  - a very small deer happily grazing about 200 m from the motorway, which  might have been the wrong side of the fence.      I regard such information as worse than  useless.  Sometimes its very vague  such as "hazardous driving conditions on E40"  .  Hazards such as animals, broken down vehicles  ,potholes, debris  etc are an ever present possibility. I look for them myself, rather than expect to be informed by an alert which is probably inaccurate and out of date. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 12:29:34 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

coravel

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 Hybrid EX
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2023, 12:43:10 PM »
No such thing as useless information as far as I'm concerned. 

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2023, 01:29:59 PM »
I always have TA (Traffic announcement) active. A treat in our congested city. Local radio stations keep us informed.
Not that it saves you from standing in jams, alternative routes are the same busy... :(
If nothing goes right, go left!

CB72

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2023, 06:13:43 PM »
On the way to Worcester on M5, Google wanted to divert me onto the M50, I ignored it only to spend an hour in a Jam. I do as I'm told now ;)
Shame it's not the Jazz navigation doing this :(

Tags:

anything