Author Topic: Aftermarket CVT-F Fluid from Westway Lubricants  (Read 4577 times)

ados_cz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2008 mk1 1.4i dsi CVT
Re: Aftermarket CVT-F Fluid from Westway Lubricants
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2023, 11:22:16 PM »
Just though I will update everyone on this cheap aftermarket CVT-F fluid. They sold like 200+ 5 liter bottles on ebay too, apart from claiming that garages buy it in bulk from them. I have done approx. 500 miles after emptying out approx 3.5l of the old one and pouring in the Westway one in. So far so good I would say.

FBogdan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz GD CVT x 2, FR-V 1.8 i-vtec automatic Executive
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2023, 10:46:06 PM »
Any update on this CVT fluid replacement?
Honda CVT-F seems to become very rare and expensive. Although I bought a stock of 2x 4 liters, I would not mind to have a cheaper provider for flush purpose.

ados_cz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2023, 10:56:43 PM »
Yep, still great. Cannot see any issues. Will buy another 5 litre bottle soon and do another flush before MOT when changing oil and filter too. No judder, not there was any significant one before the change, perhaps slight.

FBogdan

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2023, 11:14:56 PM »
Thanks for info mate!
I wonder if they deliver outside UK, as I'm from Romania.
Their Facebook account seems to be inactive since 4 years ago so I sent them a message in the contact form. Hopefully they will reply  :)

yasir152

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2023, 05:48:21 PM »
Last month I purchased 5L CVT-F for my MK1 from westway and performed full flush. No issues so far

ados_cz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2023, 01:31:57 AM »
Yep, mine car still runs great too, apart from back box falling off few days ago, so working on that at the moment :-D

JazzHybrid

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid IMA
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2023, 11:55:41 PM »
For what its worth, I used Westway to buy some compressor oil as the manufacturer wanted twice the price, whereas Westway was £10 shipped for 1 litre.

Anyway, back on topic.

I have a Jazz Hybrid CVT, 2011. I have seen that Honda Green Oil has jumped in price, so I switched to Motul 0w-20 Hybrid Oil at £35 for 4 litres. Car runs absolutely perfect. Motul also do a dedicated 0w-16 Hybrid Oil, but I think 16 weight doesn't offer enough protection on really hot summer days when it can quite easily be 30 degrees (as today was!)

In terms of CVT oil, the cheapest I can see is £70 for 4 litres, which is outrageous for a consumable.
So as a substitution, I am considering to use Motul Multi CVT-F transmission fluid.

Spec sheet: https://azupim01.motul.com/media/motulData/DO/base/MULTI_CVTF_en_FR_motul_45610_20220505.pdf

The Honda CVT fluid part number on the bottle is 0826099905HE. However, the bizzare bit is that the Motul spec sheet states, on the one hand "Attention, not recommended for CVT unit fitting hybrid vehicles" but on the hand, if you look at page 3, it shows that it is comparable to HCF-2 and CVT-F and can be used in CVT models without a wet starting clutch. But as we know, HCF-2 and CVT-F are two different types of fluid, so I don't quite get it.

Anyway, thought I would share. :o
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 12:12:38 AM by JazzHybrid »

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2023, 02:50:18 PM »
https://www.castrol.com/content/dam/castrol/country-sites/en_us/united-states/home/motor-oil-and-fluids/transmaxuniversalappsheet.pdf

*Transmax ATF/CVT Universal is suitable for use in all of Honda CVTs except 2001-2007 Model
Honda Fit/Jazz which are equipped with Starting Clutch

ados_cz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2023, 11:47:51 AM »
Just noticed a judder when pulling away, ordered another 5l to do another flush. With the previous 5L leftover I might have enough to do two flushes this time. Will see and update here if the judder has gone after 2nd flush.

ados_cz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2023, 03:07:03 PM »
Done another 3.5l flush with westways. The judder mentioned above was possibly intermittent issue as seemed to have diminished to almost zero even before this flush. Went for a quick drive after the flush, feels good, perhaps slightly more responsive.

So this was second 3.5l flush with the westways since I got the car. There is about 700 miles between the flushes. The magnetic end of the drain plug had very minor layer of dust like metal mixed with oil - like a thin layer of charcoal paste. Much less so than upon the first flush. No big particles or shavings.

I will use Xado EX120 too when it arrives. And hopefully that should be maintenance free for couple of years until next flush or two.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 03:09:58 PM by ados_cz »

FBogdan

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2023, 10:44:17 PM »
Westway does not deliver outside UK.

ados_cz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member