Author Topic: Infotainment System Error Message  (Read 78167 times)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Infotainment System Error Message
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2016, 07:20:09 PM »
I have yet to achieve 13 weeks of ownership, will next week's trip A history fix reset the clock?
If it's done properly it will reset everything. The instruction say the final step should be to restore to factory defaults :)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2016, 07:36:40 PM »
Thanks, I did mean the13 weeks to problems clock. Do you know if the update is done through a USB port?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:39:57 PM by Deeps »

IvorJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2016, 07:57:32 PM »
Just been reading the latest posts. After my previous series of pop-ups and crashes the display has been behaving itself for a month until today. I started going through the menus and found the App Centre was on 1.3.3. I left it and the next time I switched on I got a system error pop-up. Coincidence? Got home and thought I'd have a go at updating App Centre to 1.3.4 which I've done. There seemed to be another system update but I couldn't seem to get that. Also Apps to do with European parking and fuel consumption which I've not bothered with. Looking forward to RC6 which hopefully might get rid of all this aggravation.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2016, 08:43:50 PM »
Thanks, I did mean the13 weeks to problems clock. Do you know if the update is done through a USB port?
Yes. I performed my own upgrade to RC4. If I remember correctly it also has to be the USB socket under the dash, not the one in the armrest.

http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7624.msg41644#msg41644
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:46:39 PM by andruec »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2016, 02:49:25 PM »
My car has just had the RC5 update, I will post any results. I was informed that this is a temporary fix and Honda are working on a permanent fix.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2016, 03:24:13 PM »
I have yet to achieve 13 weeks of ownership, will next week's trip A history fix reset the clock?
If it's done properly it will reset everything. The instruction say the final step should be to restore to factory defaults :)

When I had RC4 done all my settings, including paired phone, radio stations, and trip A history were lost, but the main odometer reading was preserved.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2016, 11:00:58 AM »
Hi Deeps
I'm booked in to have the RC5 upgrade done next Friday 14th.
Would be interested know of any problems before then if possible.
Many thanks.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2016, 04:32:50 PM »
I have been using the car almost all day today, I only use the DAB radio and hands free phone. All well up to now, I will keep you informed of any glitches.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2016, 01:53:06 PM »
Hi Deeps
I'm booked in to have the RC5 upgrade done next Friday 14th.
Would be interested know of any problems before then if possible.
Many thanks.

My infotainment gadget has worked flawlessly since the RC5 update. I doubt if it will have a tantrum before your update on Friday but it is early days, the fingers remain firmly crossed.

I will be filling up with petrol tomorrow, I will let you know if the trip A history works.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:33:57 PM by Deeps »

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2016, 06:54:42 PM »
Hi Deeps
Many thanks for the info, it all augers well for my appointment on Friday.
For me, the No1 reason for the upgrade, is to correct the lack of A. Trip history.
Thanks again

Regards Ken.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2016, 09:33:48 AM »
Having filled the car after the RC5 update my trip A history is now working, it still exaggerates by four mpg compared to my full to full calculations. The car is regularly doing 49 mpg, it thinks 53.x.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2016, 10:51:29 AM »
My car has just had the RC5 update ... I was informed that this is a temporary fix and Honda are working on a permanent fix.
My infotainment gadget has worked flawlessly since the RC5 update ... but it is early days ...
Just to be clear, the RC4 Service Bulletin published earlier in this thread makes it clear that RC4 is supposed to be a permanent fix for a number of issues including the Trip A thing (and of course RC5 includes that earlier update). Honda makes no claim that RC5 will fix the major irritant of frequent error messages and system crashes, for which - I am told - we need to await RC6. That wait is just about to reach it's first birthday.

And you need to test any system change for an extended period, a couple of days isn't enough: the nature of this thing is that it can go for a long time with no issues (my personal record is 13 weeks). At present I'm in a defect-free period following RC5, but will press for RC6 as soon as I'm advised it's available.

It might be of passing interest to note that RC4 has been available since April. So if anyone has a more recent car than that, and is having to take it back to have the update applied, you might consider asking some pointy questions of your dealer about why they delivered a car with a known defect for which a fix was available. I know the Service Bulletin says to do it only if the customer complains, but that seems a pretty weak argument when the PDI could easily include a software build status check and update if required, that would avoid the customer having to come back.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2016, 07:26:58 PM »
Hi Colin B

Re your comment about RC4 being available back in April.
My car is Sept 16 but i'm not sure whether it has RC4 or not.
At the moment everything works as it should, except the 'A' trip
It is booked in for RC5 tomorrow and I just hope other problems don't start afterwards.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2016, 08:05:08 PM »
My car is a September 16 registered car but it would have been built some months earlier, the ship would take a month to get from Japan.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2016, 10:23:28 PM »
My assumption is that the factory will, at some point, switch from one software build state to a later one. But at the point of that switch, there will be cars in transit to dealers still at the previous state. But it looks like the dealers are not updating those cars at the point of delivery - even though they could - relying instead on customers complaining about the problem before they instal the update. For September 16 registered cars, I would have thought it reasonable for those cars to have an update issued in April, but if you're having the Trip A problem then that suggests otherwise. There are earlier posts in this thread giving the various build states, for mine after RC5 it's 0C.091.01.0021, dated 25 Jan 2016. You can find the build state buried in the system menus, from memory it's something like Settings>Android>About.

Tags: