Author Topic: Infotainment System Error Message  (Read 78163 times)

AlanTR

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: Infotainment System Error Message
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2016, 08:02:03 PM »
We have the same problem and have been informed by our local Honda dealer (Vertu Honda) that there is a software update available which will clear this fault. I'll be booking our car in for the update this week.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2016, 10:31:33 PM »
We have the same problem and have been informed by our local Honda dealer (Vertu Honda) that there is a software update available which will clear this fault.
I hope it works for you, but be aware that there aren't many reports of success with the updates currently available. Certainly my dealer isn't nearly so bullish. It would be helpful if you could find out and let us know which update they do, it should be one of RC4, RC5, or RC6. Also be careful that some dealers, when they do a "software update", seem to just update the apps and not the system ... which won't do anything to fix the underlying problem. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2016, 11:26:32 AM »
I hope it works for you, but be aware that there aren't many reports of success with the updates currently available.
Yeah. It's worth making a note of the infotainment version information. Look under the settings/system menu.

IvorJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2016, 01:43:39 PM »
A new low for me a few days ago was 3 system error message pop-ups followed by the display crashing before I even moved off! I've emailed my dealer but until or even if Honda address this problem I don't see what can be done.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2016, 04:12:48 PM »
I suppose at the end of the day, you could send the car back as, "Not being of merchantable quality"
That should put the cat among the pigeons and concentrate the Dealer's and Honda's mind.

I am picking up a new EX on Friday and I just hope I don't run into similar problems.
Certainly if I do then my Dealer will be the first to know!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 08:32:53 PM by Kenneve »

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2016, 09:39:19 PM »
I have a certain amount of sympathy for the dealers. They seem to be getting very little support from Honda UK/Japan about this so they're caught in the middle. It's getting on for a year now since this defect first appeared on Civics (a bit later on our Jazzes) but the techies still don't seem to know what is causing it or how to fix it. That is pretty disappointing, and puts the dealers in a difficult position in pacifying customers. Perhaps there aren't enough people reporting the defect for Honda to regard it as a significant problem.

I am picking up a new EX on Friday and I just hope I don't run into similar problems.
Not everyone seems to suffer this so I really hope you're one of the lucky ones. Enjoy the car, the rest of it's great !

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2016, 01:45:38 PM »
I have a certain amount of sympathy for the dealers. They seem to be getting very little support from Honda UK/Japan about this so they're caught in the middle. It's getting on for a year now since this defect first appeared on Civics (a bit later on our Jazzes) but the techies still don't seem to know what is causing it or how to fix it. That is pretty disappointing, and puts the dealers in a difficult position in pacifying customers. Perhaps there aren't enough people reporting the defect for Honda to regard it as a significant problem.
And, in the mean time, the vehicle's reliability rating takes a hit. The Mk 3 Jazz doesn't match the Mk 2 in Which?'s survey and I wonder if these software bugs are one factor.

Honda should be worried but I think the software development for this system has been sub-contracted, probably for a price which was under-estimated.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2016, 07:20:55 PM »
Hi Guys
I went in to see my salesperson today and discussed  this Subject and the posts therein.
Her response was to say that in her company's (Lister-Honda) experience so far, they have had very few issues with the infotainment system. Certainly she said when the car first came out, over 12 months ago there were issues, but in her opinion these have been ironed out, by software upgrades.
I suppose only time will tell whether she is right or not! (from Friday onwards!!!)

Now if we look at the subject in full, there are 7 pages currently, of concerns, from 23 members.
Whilst totally accepting that these members have legitimate concerns, I just wonder, if we look at the total Mk3 Jazz sales, (which must be in the 1000's now) how many owners are satisfied with the system and have no problems.

Quite obviously, no news is good news, but it would be useful to hear from satisfied customers, in order to get a balanced view.

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2016, 09:10:34 PM »
We have one of the early ones, it's a year old next month and we have not had the software updated yet. I am not sure what version it is.

The only issue we have had is with the lines missing from the reversing camera. Which I fixed myself by doing a long reset on the on/off button a few times. However we don't use the sat nav or radio so the screen is mostly blank.

What I don't understand is why software stops working. It it works on the day you purchase the car and don't upgrade it should keep working if you don't do anything to it. It's not as if the software is automatically patched like Windows.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2016, 09:46:13 PM »
... in her opinion these have been ironed out, by software upgrades ...
I really hope she is correct because that would demonstrate positive progress, but unfortunately there are plenty of people reporting in this forum that the currently-available updates do not rectify the defect. That seems like evidence to set against her opinion. It's also quite difficult to be clear if the problem has been fixed or not because you can go for weeks or even months without any fault, before it suddenly crashes multiple times in a single journey for no apparent reason.
... I just wonder ...  how many owners are satisfied with the system and have no problems ... it would be useful to hear from satisfied customers, in order to get a balanced view.
Funnily enough that's why I started this thread. You'll see that several people did indeed post that they hadn't had any problems. Of course in this sort of forum the response rate - irrespective of whether comments are positive or negative - won't be high enough to be statistically significant. Another data set comes from the Reevoo reviews on Honda's own Jazz website, I recall ploughing through those a few months ago to try to get a feel for how widespread the problem was; at that time I think I counted between 5% and 10% of people who'd submitted a review mentioned issues with the infotainment system (although interestingly there are no recent ones). But the size of the problem is pretty irrelevant to those of us in the unlucky minority. We're entitled to expect Honda to fix it, and so far they have failed.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2016, 10:17:01 PM »
Quite obviously, no news is good news, but it would be useful to hear from satisfied customers, in order to get a balanced view.
I bought mine in February and have had no system problems apart from understanding the handbook.  However, I only use it for the radio and the analogue clock!

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2016, 10:34:29 AM »
I bought mine in March and although it performed flawlessly for three months since then it has got steadily worse. Pretty much every other time I use it I now experience slow booting (no reversing guidelines and no music for a couple of a minutes).

There are some drivers that don't listen to music much when driving (my parents only turned the radio on to listen to the news occasionally). A lot may also ignore the reversing camera. I mostly do. I glance at it occasionally to check for kids/bollards but otherwise prefer using the mirrors.

So it's possible that a lot of people haven't noticed the issue. Still - I'd never take the word of a car salesperson. The only people I'd trust less are estate agents and politicians.

I bought mine in February and have had no system problems apart from understanding the handbook.  However, I only use it for the radio and the analogue clock!
How do you get the clock to even appear? That's something I've never figured out on mine. If I ignore the stupid warning on startup the screen eventually blanks out leaving the digital time (very faint) in the top right.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:36:23 AM by andruec »

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »
I have had my Mk3 since September last year and had the odd hiccup but not too many problems. If the DAB radio looses signal though it tends to shut down and the only way I have found to get it back is to switch the radio off and on again.

The car is due a service in the next couple of weeks so I expect the software will be up dated then, I hope that the update will not have bugs in it.

I still find the lack of an off position on the lights the most annoying feature of the car, I don't want the  head lights to come on when I open the door whilst the car is parked in the garage or to stay on for 15 seconds when I turn off the car in the garage.

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2016, 12:18:37 PM »
It also sounds as though the infotainment issues don't affect the radio as much as they do other sources. Is that correct? If so that would be another reason people haven't noticed it.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2016, 01:21:32 PM »
How do you get the clock to even appear? That's something I've never figured out on mine.
Took me a while as well. AFAIK, you can only get the analogue clock if you've first switched to the alternative skin (if anyone knows differently, please post). I don't think the handbook mentions this. Have a look at this thread, especially replies #10, #11, & #14:
http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7958.0

It also sounds as though the infotainment issues don't affect the radio as much as they do other sources. Is that correct?
Nope, it happens when simply listening to the radio.

Tags:

anything