Author Topic: Infotainment System Error Message  (Read 78609 times)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Infotainment System Error Message
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2016, 10:44:55 PM »
It's looking like RC4 doesn't fix the main issue. I haven't had the error message yet but my infotainment system is taking longer and longer to boot up. Tonight I had to wait nearly a minute and even got the rotating dots for a while. This started before I applied the update which is rather odd. From that perspective it's as if the update never actually happened. It definitely did though, build number has changed and the trip history issue is fixed.

Most curious. It could be that it needs the data resetting but I'm going to wait and see what happens :D

Update: That's odd. I took my iPod out to resync it last night and this morning the Infotainment unit booted up without delay and behaved itself on the way home.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:57:09 PM by andruec »

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2016, 06:26:39 PM »
13 weeks since Honda replaced the unit under warranty and ......

...... the error message has just come back.  >:(  Tried the manual reset (press & hold the power button) to see if that keeps it at bay. I know it didn't get the RC4 update and I don't feel confident about doing that myself, so it looks like another visit to the dealer will be required if it keeps occurring.

guest1372

« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2016, 06:43:28 PM »
Lessons not learnt yet - but MirrorLink working perfectly with an HTC One M9 (apart from one minor detail).

--
TG

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2016, 08:33:18 AM »
I got my first 'The system has stopped responding' message yesterday. That could be a good sign though because last time it then all went away for a couple of months.

guest6268

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2016, 12:30:07 PM »
I bought my Jazz SE in May.  The error messages and reboots did not start until I'd had the car for 13 days.  My Honda dealer tried a software upgrade.  Like with a factory reset, the problems went away for a while but then resumed.  The error message comes up at least once almost every day, with a reboot on a majority of days.  I make minimal use of the system so far - just using the radio.  The radio goes off if it reboots, and it forgets what channel it was using.  My dealer has a long list of people he will need to phone if/when Honda come up with a fix for this, and he tells me that other new Honda models are affected - not just Jazz.  It's coming up towards a year since my Jazz SE model was launched, so it really is time Honda got it working. 

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2016, 04:53:46 PM »
Latest info from my local dealer today is that there is an RC5 update currently available ... but they're not confident that it'll fix this particular problem. There is rumoured to be an RC6 update on the cusp of release so they recommend waiting for that, which I'll do. No date available though.

Came across a new symptom yesterday. After tapping the "Wait" button on the error message whilst driving along, the screen started showing a parking sensor warning suggesting I was about to hit something. It was clearly a display error because the beeper didn't sound nor was there anything untoward in the right-side multi-function display, not to mention there being no obstruction anywhere near the left front corner of the car. It's starting to get almost interesting wondering what this thing is going to do next.

IvorJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2016, 08:20:25 PM »
I hesitated posting earlier in case I put the mockers on it! My dealer took the car in on Aug 4 and I got it back next day. They hadn't had any experience of the fault we know so well but what I had been doing was videoing each startup on my iPhone so I had perfect evidence of the pop-up message and also the crash.They reinstalled the software and diagnostics also flagged up quote 'a software license had expired'. Up till now it's been fine. I noticed that I now had TP showing in the menu bar continuously. Prior to that I had TA only and TP came on when a traffic report was being broadcast. Anyway today I had a display crash and the TP has gone away again and just comes back for traffic announcement. Also a faint question mark sometimes appears in the menu bar and after a while goes off and maybe comes on again after a while. I've had this before but not sure what it means. If the display crash keeps happening again I suppose I'll take it back. Interested in the RC6 update you mentioned ColinB. Sorry for long-winded post but thought it would be of interest.

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2016, 10:29:32 PM »
Well my system is basically worse than before I updated it to RC4. I don't know if that was the cause or if this would've happened anyway but now pretty much every other time I start the car the system is slow to boot. At least once a week it's so slow that by the time it's ready my iPod has switched back off after being ignored. So not only do I have to fumble with the crappy touch screen UI I also have to reach under the armrest and switch the iPod back on.

I hope RC6 does resolve this but from that I can tell we need a proper OS update, not just the infotainment software. The error message we're seeing is from Android and can appear on anything running that OS including phones and tablets.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2016, 10:21:47 AM »
... diagnostics also flagged up quote 'a software license had expired'...
That's an interesting thought. Grasping at straws here, but if there's some component of the software that time-expires that might explain why some people suffer from this and others don't, and why we can go for long periods without a problem before it comes back suddenly.
Do you know what "diagnostics" were used, is this something built into the unit so others can check theirs, or is it something only the dealers can do ?

IvorJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2016, 11:46:14 AM »
I don't know but guessing it's part of the dealer's set up. They were mystified by it and apparently had to get Honda to walk them through a fix. But it looks like mine is playing up again so it may or may not be relevant.

danielu2501

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 3
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2016, 08:00:49 AM »
Colin: i had similar parking sensor issues few times. Sensor activated warning (sound and display) when close to obstacle, after moving away sound stops but warning on display stays until I press "back" button. Honda's infotainment system is as reliable as their F1 car...

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2016, 05:06:54 AM »
Also a faint question mark sometimes appears in the menu bar and after a while goes off and maybe comes on again after a while. I've had this before but not sure what it means.

I had this yesterday and if you swipe down from the top menu bar there is further information. In this case it said that a wifi network was availabe
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:20:48 PM by JazzandJag »

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2016, 01:10:13 PM »
Just had the first service done. I told them the reversing lines had gone missing and they said there was a software update however they seem to have forgotten to do it. So I pressed the on/off button to do a reset. Now it is asking for the radio code, which we don't seem to have. It's not listed on the invoice.
Does anyone know where to find the radio code?
On a positive note the lines are back for now..
Thanks
Paul

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2016, 04:22:59 PM »
You dont actually need a code despite what the message says. From memory you just have to press and hold the power button for a few
seconds to activate the unit. Handbook covers the procedure somewhere. Hope this helps.

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2016, 05:10:26 PM »
Ok thanks, pressed the on/off again for 2 secs until it beeped and it sprung into life. Normality has been restored for now.

Tags: