Author Topic: Infotainment System Error Message  (Read 78544 times)

danielu2501

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 3
Re: Infotainment System Error Message
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2016, 07:33:15 AM »
Fed up with constant error  messages decided to take my Jazz back to the dealer to get software update applied. Got it done yesterday, we will see if it will fix the problem...

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2016, 11:49:52 AM »
Well that was a complete waste of time. All I got from it was a walk around Kidlington and apart from the canal path it doesn't have a great deal to recommend it.

The dealer said there was nothing needed updating and took an hour to do it. Left my information display in a different mode and (a bit bizarrely) showing 52.5mpg instead of 54.6mpg.

However there is one difference. There's now a faint Android-style GPS state display along the top just before the battery/signal indicators for the phone.

Thankfully the infotainment stopped pratting around shortly after I reported it here anyway.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2016, 11:20:54 PM »
... Kidlington ... doesn't have a great deal to recommend it.
Really ? Must be something there ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36738515

Seriously, what's the build state of your system, how does it compare with those posted earlier in this thread ? If it's not the RC4 state, then the dealer's conclusion that there's no update needed seems a little puzzling. Do you have the TA button on the home screen ? If not, there's at least one update available.

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2016, 06:54:35 PM »
Android version: 4.0.4
Kernel version: 3.1.10
build@HL6
Build number 09.08C.00.0021

Since I picked the car up first week of March I wouldn't expect it to have the later software. i suspect the dealer is just being rubbish. The receptionist said the engineer muttered something about an app needing an update "it's showing a '1' but it will go away in a while". As I'd already waited an hour and wanted to go and play golf I decided to give up.

I'll see how it goes and when it needs a service (or if it plays up again) I'll give the Northampton dealer a try instead. I only used Oxford because I was close enough for them to pick my car up from work. That's no longer the case so I'm happy to try other dealers.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2016, 10:03:43 PM »
Android version: 4.0.4
Kernel version: 3.1.10
build@HL6
Build number 09.08C.00.0021
According to previous posts in this thread by kabot60, that is NOT the RC4 build state, and we know that's available, so the dealer doesn't seem to have tried very hard. From your description it looks like he just checked for app updates rather than system updates, which is a straightforward job (the hardest part is getting rid of the update notifications from the App Center (sic), see http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0).

Still, if it's stopped misbehaving then threatening it with a brain transplant obviously works !

IvorJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2016, 07:21:10 PM »
This has been driving me mad. Had the update a couple of months ago but the system error pop-ups have come back with a vengeance as well as frequent reboots. Started up today and had to dismiss the pop-up three times within a minute or so before they went away. Decided to report this to the dealer as I was shopping nearby and the service manager came to look at the car. As luck would have it when I switched on the ignition the display crashed and went into reboot mode which took a couple of minutes to come back while we sat there. He said they haven't come across this before and I explained that it's a well known fault certainly on this forum. I'm taking it in a couple of weeks so will report back when I know more.

danielu2501

• Registered Member
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2016, 10:16:12 PM »
Just to confirm, my update hasn't fix anything, still same errors and soft reboots. Car is booked for annual service and I have reported the faults came back again, they promised to have a look at it.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2016, 11:26:52 PM »
... my update hasn't fix anything, still same errors and soft reboots...
... Had the update a couple of months ago but the system error pop-ups have come back with a vengeance as well as frequent reboots ... [the Service Manager] said they haven't come across this before  ...
It's not clear which update you had (some dealers seem to just update the apps rather than the system build), it might be worth checking the system info to see if you have the RC4 update (details posted earlier in this thread). If you don't have that, ask your dealer some pointy questions. If you have, and it's still failing, the next step should be a hardware replacement. Of course, mere customers can't insist on a particular solution but you can insist that the issue is fixed because you haven't got what you paid for. There is at least one precedent (me !) where Honda  have authorised replacement of the entire unit under warranty. (Touch wood) that seems to have been successful.

IvorJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2016, 02:18:00 AM »
Mine is the same as Andruec except it's build @HL6#2. I mentioned the possibility of replacing the whole unit so will see what happens when it goes in.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2016, 08:14:24 AM »
My service invoice (no charge) specifically says updated to RC4, and it has fixed the problem I took it in for (trip A mpg history not being stored), but I haven't actually checked the version.

danielu2501

• Registered Member
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2016, 02:14:46 PM »
Left the car in capable hands of Phoenix Honda technicians this morning, will report later on about their findings...

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2016, 10:47:06 AM »
Mine is now taking longer to boot again. The grid on the rear view camera often doesn't appear until I've finished reversing out of my drive. Interestingly this seems to be about the same timescale as the first occurence - around two months. I'm a computer programmer and it makes me suspect a resource leakage issue. Mine is set to 'refresh memory' which I believe is supposed to mean a daily reboot but I'm going to manually reboot it today and see if it makes any difference.

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2016, 09:18:34 AM »
Applied the update myself this morning using the files in the Dropbox link referenced earlier in the thread. I haven't bothered to reset system data (trust me - I'm a programmer :) ). I can't be arsed with that faff and re-entering things so we'll see.

Some comments for anyone else following that guide:

* When the instructions say 'Install the setup disc..' what they mean is 'Put the CD into your PC' (or open the .ISO directly which I did).
* The 'TEGRA' files are the four zip files (which helpfully have no mention of 'TEGRA' in their names, 'ADA*.zip').
* The USB drive must be formatted to FAT32. Under Windows if the drive is larger than 32GB you need to do the following:
   * Attach the drive to your computer.
   * Run 'diskmgmt.msc'
   * Right click the drive (make sure it's the right one) and select 'Delete Volume'
   * Right click drive and select 'New Simple Volume'
   * Specify the size as '32000' MB.
   * Allow Windows to format it but ensure that you select 'FAT32' in the appropriate drop down box.
* Resetting the Infotainment unit to default appears (so far) to be optional. YMMV :)

Graham Dicker

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 CVT 2016
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2016, 07:50:19 PM »
I looked through the thread but did not find a Dropbox link. Where is it please?

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2016, 09:59:25 PM »
It's in the external message referenced by post #50 although it's actually a Google drive folder, sorry.

http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7624.msg41087#msg41087

Tags: