Author Topic: Infotainment System Error Message  (Read 78200 times)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Infotainment System Error Message
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »
Just under three weeks since I had the hardware swap, and so far it's behaved itself (that's probably jinxed it now ...). I'm almost beginning to enjoy it, rather than just waiting for it to go wrong again. Still a bit too early to be able to claim it's fixed, noting this report from JazzandJag:
Having enjoyed about 10 weeks without the error message, it has returned with a vengeance this past week. Nothing has changed regarding my use of the system so just why this has suddenly happened is a mystery.

Still unclear whether this is a hardware or a software issue, but now it'll be possible to compare two solutions. My car has new hardware but remains at an older build state ...
SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 9 01:22:59 JST 2015
Build number 09.08C.00.0021
... which kabot60 reported didn't fix the problem. Whereas his Civic has original hardware but now has a newer build state:
SMP PREEMPT Mon Jan 25 14.19.42 JST 2016
Build number 0C.091.01.0021
Let's hope they both work !

IvorJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2016, 10:13:45 AM »
Jazz SE CVT - I thought this problem had gone away after the software upgrade done on 9th May but for no apparent reason it came back yesterday. 3 onscreen messages and a system restart. What a pain! How's everyone else with this problem doing?

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2016, 10:53:29 AM »
Jazz SE CVT - I thought this problem had gone away after the software upgrade done on 9th May but for no apparent reason it came back yesterday. 3 onscreen messages and a system restart. What a pain! How's everyone else with this problem doing?

Since my problematic week in April, the system has behaved itself - about 8 weeks with no error message. I have, however, restarted the system a couple of times which may have helped.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2016, 04:56:42 PM »
What a pain! How's everyone else with this problem doing?
I sent a somewhat irate email to my dealer. No response so far  ::)

Edit: Got home and found a message on my answer phone (they never use my mobile). They claim that they have a software update that will fix it. I'm sceptical but willing to give it a go.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:46:02 PM by andruec »

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2016, 08:49:41 PM »
How's everyone else with this problem doing?
7 weeks since my head unit was replaced without recurrence. That's not conclusive given that others have reported long gaps between occurrences, but it's by far the longest period I've had without the fault.

They claim that they have a software update that will fix it. I'm sceptical but willing to give it a go.
As IvorJazz has reported, it looks like some dealers will do a "software update" that doesn't fix the problem; my suspicion is that they simply apply updates to the apps rather than updating the build. So make sure you quote the info from kabot60 earlier in this thread and get the latest build. Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

guest6103

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2016, 04:14:37 PM »
More Info.

I had the RC4 software update done 5 weeks ago and so far so good. I was getting error message virtually every other day prior to this. There are some links to further information on the update in this forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/security/honda-connect-android-t3179549/post67259213#post67259213

Basically, the RC4 update appears to do following, which means a lot of issues are not "Fixed"

My dealer told me that if the software update didn't fix it, they would have to swap out the unit as they had already done for 4 customers, so it appears that the hardware can sometimes be the problem and that the software is still not 100%. Also, the Civic manual does actually say that you may at times have to re-boot the system, as you sometimes have to a smartphone or a tablet etc.

Navigation application inoperative                   improvement
Error message or freezing or  inoperative   improvement
H screen stuck on                                           improvement
Navigation - incorrect vehicle position           improvement
Freezing / locking (after RC3)                           improvement
Trip history (MPG) missing                           Fix
Map update caused white screen/'Image not found' message         improvement
Caller ID missing when using HFT (international dial code)                 Fix
Navigation map place names flash on/off                                          improvement

See also Honda Connect Update RC4 and some other threads in this forum

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics-ice-9g/

Hope this helps.

kabot60.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2016, 05:10:25 PM »
Thanks for that update, I don't pretend to understand all the stuff in the links (although I do recognise some of the words  ;)) but if Honda are trying both software updates and hardware changes it sounds as if they haven't yet identified the root cause(s), which is rather depressing.

Re this ...
... you may at times have to re-boot the system...
... can you clarify what you mean by "re-boot the system" ? Doesn't it re-boot every time you start the engine, or is there some other procedure we're supposed to use, if so what is that ?

guest6103

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2016, 03:14:49 PM »
Ah. OK Sorry. (I'm an I.T. person, sorry for the term re-boot) Honda call it a "Forced Reset".

What I mean is that according to my Civic manual it may be necessary on the odd occasion to press and hold the power button on the system, until the "H" appears. It then takes about a minute to start up again.

Basically, similar to powering off/on your mobile phone.  Presumably, this re-loads all the software.

But you sure shouldn't have to do this every other day  ::)

danielu2501

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 3
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2016, 12:06:00 PM »

Basically, similar to powering off/on your mobile phone.  Presumably, this re-loads all the software.

Is it not what happens every time you switch the ignition off?

Anyway, mine still playing up totally at random, messages about app not responding and soft reboots roughly once a week.
Fot me it's a result of Honda cutting to many  corners, it must be crap quality tablet, especially given it runs massively outdated version of Android.
Shame as I absolutely love the car...

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2016, 02:34:09 PM »
Mine has settled back down with no problems now. Still intend to get it 'upgraded' by my dealer but my colleague is on paternity leave so it'll have to wait a bit. Mind you I had another IPod crash last night. My car IPod is quite old now but it seems curious that something that used to happen maybe two or three times a year is now happening around once every month.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2016, 02:35:45 PM »
Anyway, mine still playing up totally at random, messages about app not responding and soft reboots roughly once a week.
If you're not happy with it, I would encourage you to contact your dealer to get it fixed. That may involve either or both of a software update or a hardware replacement, but should be at nil cost to you. The more people who report it and demand warranty repairs, the more motivation Honda might have to cease shipping faulty units.

FWIW, I don't understand how the reboot/restart/forced reset thing differs from turning off the whole car either. Presumably you could do the reset mid-journey without stopping if you needed to, but TBH if the car needed that more than very occasionally I'd be taking it back again because I'd consider that unacceptable.

danielu2501

• Registered Member
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »
Got something new today:

Definitely going to get in touch with my dealer to get it sorted...

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2016, 07:49:31 PM »
You get this message after pressing the power on button for more than 10 seconds- this forces a reset and unit reloads. 
It's not the most user- friendly  system in the world.

danielu2501

• Registered Member
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2016, 09:09:17 PM »
You get this message after pressing the power on button for more than 10 seconds- this forces a reset and unit reloads. 
It's not the most user- friendly  system in the world.

It happened during driving, music (from USB drive) stopped, screen went black and came back to life with this message...

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2016, 10:15:05 PM »
Actually the same thing happened on my Civic- usb music just stopped and hung with a usb loading message.
This was  after the RC4 software fix had been applied by Honda, so car had to go back and another fix applied together with a factory reset- that was on June 17th, and it is behaving so far. I suspect they didn't apply the fix correctly the first time , but what do I know !

Tags: