Author Topic: Infotainment System Error Message  (Read 78176 times)

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
Re: Infotainment System Error Message
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 08:46:03 PM »
Probably just a coincidence, but since I have started using the hidden menu (suggested by TG I think) to enable HDMI whilst moving to show smartphone navigation on screen, I have not had the error message come up at all in a period of about 3 weeks. Now that I have said this the message will probably return tomorrow!

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 10:29:40 AM »
Probably just a coincidence, but since I have started using the hidden menu (suggested by TG I think) to enable HDMI whilst moving to show smartphone navigation on screen, I have not had the error message come up at all in a period of about 3 weeks. Now that I have said this the message will probably return tomorrow!
Thanks for this suggestion, I hope it continues to work for you. Unfortunately I can't check it out because my phone (Moto G) apparently doesn't support HDMI and I can't be bothered fiddling with Chromecasts or similar. Out of interest, does the HDMI dodge simply display your phone's screen on the car's screen, or can you control the phone from the car screen (eg use the car screen to input your destination) ?

Regarding the software update, still nothing from Honda. I chased my dealer last week but I got the impression he was simply waiting for Honda to publish something rather than actively pushing for it. Meanwhile my radio resets itself randomly, and Honda's reputation takes a nosedive with every passenger to whom I have to explain that the radio's faulty and Honda can't fix it.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 11:48:16 AM »
Thanks for this suggestion, I hope it continues to work for you. Unfortunately I can't check it out because my phone (Moto G) apparently doesn't support HDMI and I can't be bothered fiddling with Chromecasts or similar. Out of interest, does the HDMI dodge simply display your phone's screen on the car's screen, or can you control the phone from the car screen (eg use the car screen to input your destination) ?

Colin. This only enables a dumb screen to be displayed. All interactions must be via the phone screen. Despite this slight drawback, I do find it useful for occasional use (ie about once a week). It would be interesting if you were to follow the procedure say once a week, even if you are not using HDMI, just to see if it makes any difference to the error message appearing.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 02:28:26 PM »
I'm a bit surprised that the "clever" box doesn't know when to switch from summer time to winter time and back again. It can get a time signal via DAB radio.

Honda's problem is that they sub-contract this bit of the car to someone else and evidently didn't spend as much time and effort debugging it as it needed. In hindsight, it would have been better to have offered this system as an expensive option and thereby avoid upsetting a load of customers.

I hope that Honda are taking action or kicking butt as appropriate to get software updates out for both this system and the rest of the vehicle. The majority of adverse comments about the MK 3 are fixable with software tweaks - auto headlights that are activated by a few shadows or rain drops, too willing to rev the engine when pulling away, infotainment system ..... So we can live in hope of getting properly working vehicles. Unfortunable, the software can't move the rear seats forward an inch to give a bit more boot space.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5679

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 08:21:25 PM »
... Unfortunable, the software can't move the rear seats forward an inch to give a bit more boot space.
Er ... more like two and half to three inches.  The minimum depth of the boot on the Mk3 is 6.5cms shorter than on the Mk1.  And don't forget the smaller amount of leg room for the driver and front seat passenger on the Mk3.  Another couple of inches required there to make it comparable with the Mk1 (and the Mk2, I believe).

My recollection of previous comments on the automatic headlights problem is that some people would like to be able to switch off the automatic headlights completely, once and for all.  That would probably require a hardware fix to replace the spring loaded switch.  But I suggest that would be far easier for Honda to accomplish than to create more boot space or more front seat leg room. 

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 07:45:40 AM »
Just got delivery of mine and no issues so far.  The salesman said that this had been an issue in the past but the latest cars had an updated version.  We will see.  For information this is my version and would be interested to know if it is different from earlier cars:
Android version: 4.0.4
Kernel version: 3.1.10
build@HL5#2
SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 9 01:22:02 JST 2015
Build number 09.08C.00.1123

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 10:20:40 AM »
Just got delivery of mine and no issues so far.  The salesman said that this had been an issue in the past but the latest cars had an updated version.  We will see.  For information this is my version and would be interested to know if it is different from earlier cars:
build@HL5#2
SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 9 01:22:02 JST 2015
Build number 09.08C.00.1123
That's very interesting, thanks for providing. Equivalent data for my car is:
build@HL6#2
SMP PREEMPT Thurs Feb 19 15:13:35 JST 2015
Build number 02.084.02.0021

I don't pretend to understand what all that gibberish means, but it does seem likely that my system has a much earlier build than yours even if the basic Android version is the same. I shall take that info to my dealer and see what they say !

guest1372

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 03:28:07 PM »
build@HL5#2
build@HL6#2
Is HL5 / HL6 with and without Navigation?

The HDMI in is just a one way pipe of phone screen and audio, no touchscreen or steering wheel controls pass back to the phone.
This is a Pioneer unit I believe, the Mk2 Navi had Clarion.
--
TG

ColinS

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 04:21:41 PM »

danielu2501

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 3
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 12:52:55 PM »
Hi everybody, first post so be gentle, please.
Bought my Jazz about two months ago, had the same problem with "process system not responding" dozen times.
Factory reset is not helping (I'm quite good with Android phones and can tell you that unless you had your phone for ages and it's cluttered with lots of apps/pictures/music, factory reset won't fix anything). Apart from annoying message my unit does random (soft?) resets, instead of continue to play whatever it was playing before ignition was switched off it has Honda logo with spinning circle below it for a minute or two and then goes to main screen, no music, radio...
Apart from these problems what use is it anyway? Surely we could do with some apps, Honda App Centre is pathetic, I would love to be able to install apps from Play Store, how about Here Maps with full offline functionality?
And it's running Android 4.0.4, that's version released in 2013! C'mon Honda, have you not heard about Marshmallow yet?
I guess I will have to search XDA developers for a custom rom, wonder how will that affect my warranty...

p.s.
Is there a way to switch off disclaimer that pops up every time I start the car?

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 05:52:38 PM »
Hi Danielu2501, welcome to the forum
... Apart from annoying message my unit does random (soft?) resets, instead of continue to play whatever it was playing before ignition was switched off it has Honda logo with spinning circle below it for a minute or two and then goes to main screen, no music, radio...
I think these are related. I get the error message a few times, followed by the "spinning circle" soft reset some time later. Then all is sweetness until the next set of error messages which can be a few days or even a couple of weeks later.
... Honda App Centre is pathetic...
Difficult to disagree !
... Is there a way to switch off disclaimer that pops up every time I start the car?
Not that I've found, I guess it's Honda's way of pointing out that if you crash whilst trying to get the radio to work it's not their fault !

I've had the error message since new in Oct 15, and reported it to my dealer in January this year. I've chased them at roughly monthly intervals since then, the response is always the same "It's a known bug, Honda techies are working on it but there's no fix available yet". They also refuse to give me a timescale. I've tried escalating direct to Honda UK but they just refer me back to the dealer. Bath Honda tell me I'm the only person they know making a fuss about this, so if anyone else is finding this annoying I would encourage you to make a noise with your own dealer, maybe eventually someone at Honda will realise that an inability to fix this fault is marring people's experiences with the car and progressively trashing Honda's reputation.

ColinS

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 09:57:16 PM »
9 weeks and over 1,500 miles and still no issues with this build (see my previous posts).  See if your dealer can update your unit.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 10:03:12 PM »
9 weeks and over 1,500 miles and still no issues with this build (see my previous posts).  See if your dealer can update your unit.
Clearly some people have this problem and some don't; previous posts suggest you have the Navi version with a different build, which may be why you aren't experiencing it. As I said, I have chased my dealer constantly for a bug fix or new build, and they say there isn't one.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 11:02:36 AM »
My infotainment system hasn't given any errors in over 7 months but I usually have it showing the trip computer screen. Perhaps that module of the software is reasonably bug-free but it doesn't have a very demanding task.

I also get annoyed by the warning screen with its OK button which, I find, usually needs several pokes at the screen to get it to go away. If we have to accept a warning message here then why not on the car's multifunction display or on a normal entertainment system?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2016, 05:13:31 PM »
Having enjoyed about 10 weeks without the error message, it has returned with a vengeance this past week. Nothing has changed regarding my use of the system so just why this has suddenly happened is a mystery

Tags: