Author Topic: Infotainment System Error Message  (Read 78650 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Infotainment System Error Message
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2016, 10:49:02 AM »
My car has March 16 labels on the seatbelts so I would expect that it was built soon after that date.

guest6316

« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2016, 12:33:23 PM »
I'm trying to check to see if my recent purchased Jazz has the latest update.
Being of the 'thick variety' I'm not sure what to look for in the settings so I've taken a screen shot(apologies for quality Im not much good at that either).

So if anyone out there can see what update I'm on it would be gratefully received.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2016, 12:51:50 PM »
The easy way is ask a dealer, your registration number will show your cars every detail on their computer system.

guest1372

« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2016, 01:44:30 PM »
So if anyone out there can see what update I'm on it would be gratefully received.
That shows the same as ColinB's RC5 update   Build number: 0C.091.01.0021
--
TG

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2016, 01:47:04 PM »
You won't find anything clearly stating the car has RCn, you have to infer it from the build state. Your screen shot is exactly the same as for my car, which has RC5. But it seems as if the update from RC4 to RC5 does not change the build state, so your car could have either one of those. If that's how it was delivered to you then that's good because it confirms that the cars are being delivered with updates already installed.

If you're not experiencing any of the issues reported in this thread, I shouldn't worry any further; my earlier comments were really a reaction to people with relatively new cars reporting the Trip A problem and having to take their cars back, suggesting that the updates were not being applied before delivery.

guest6316

« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2016, 02:47:16 PM »
Thanks guys,

I can confirm that this is how it was delivers to me, I don't know if all dealers are ensuring mates updates have been applied, I hope so but perhaps I have an exceptional dealer.

It would be interesting to know if other new owners are getting same build status applied.

guest6316

« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2016, 05:30:50 AM »
Anyone know how to get into settings on the information instrument panel. The settings screen (shows what looks like two overlapping notes) has a bar or diagonal line through it and I can't get into it.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2016, 08:02:27 AM »
Anyone know how to get into settings on the information instrument panel. The settings screen (shows what looks like two overlapping notes) has a bar or diagonal line through it and I can't get into it.
Can you be a bit more specific ? You've previously posted a picture of a screen reached via the Connect system's settings, so I assume you're not talking about that (or has something changed ?). If you're talking about the right-hand display on front of the driver, there are clear instructions in the handbook. Are you driving when you try this ... there are some things you can only adjust whilst stationary and this could be one of them.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2016, 08:47:47 AM »
The handbrake has to be on to access some of the info screen functions, this caught me out with the TPMS reset as I usually leave my handbrake off in my garage as I have an automatic wheel chock car positioning aid.

guest6316

« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2016, 09:17:26 AM »
Sorry guys. Yes I'm talking about the display to he right of the steering wheel not the touch screen job.
Colin the vehicle is stationary.

If I knew why the settings logo (on the instrument panel to the right of the steering wheel) has the line/bar through it I might be able to solve the problem.

I'm obviously missing a trick somewhere, everything seems to be working ok off the instrument, I wanted to get in there so I could change the trip meter functions but I cant get into the settings/select screen.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2016, 10:31:09 AM »
I have not got my car or its book to check at the moment, but if I remember correctly you use the top or bottom buttons on the right of the steering wheel (with arrows) to select the function you want and the center one to change the setting. When you get the two squares crossed out the center button should access the setup functions then you scroll to the one you want with the arrow buttons and change it with the middle one. As I am a geriatric with an encrypted memory I would also check the manual.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2016, 10:59:33 AM »
Just to reiterate. Make sure your handbrake is on.

guest6316

« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2016, 11:01:48 AM »
Thanks, that sounds useful info I'll have a go and see if I can get in to it.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »
It may help to think of the center button as the computers enter button.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2016, 09:44:02 AM »
I have a glitch in my radio which RC5 has not fixed. It is normally in DAB mode but occasionally it cuts off the sound and instead of displaying signal level and "TEXT" in the top right corner it displays "FM" but is still in th DAB mode. Switching the thing off and on clears it and normal DAB is restored. I have seen FM / DAB link somewhere in the menus, could it be something to do with this?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:48:38 AM by Deeps »

Tags:

anything