Author Topic: cruise, horn, computer not working, suspect clock spring?  (Read 931 times)

richardshephard

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX for me, and 2006 SE for the mrs
cruise, horn, computer not working, suspect clock spring?
« on: January 21, 2020, 10:43:36 AM »
Hi folks,

Just bought my 3rd jazz, a 2011 EX with all the gadgets. On the way home I noticed the cruise control, horn and trip computer buttons don't work. The audio remote does, and the cruise master switches on, but it won't set.

Since it's all those, I suspect the clock spring. The brake lights DO work, so if they share a fuse I assume it can't be that?

I'm waiting on a call back from the garage but any info I can glean first would help a lot in discussions. Thanks so much!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: cruise, horn, computer not working, suspect clock spring?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 02:55:44 PM »
Sounds a likely diagnosis, you seem to have a good mixture of problems on different circuits.

dave456

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 es 2006 cvt
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 03:27:53 PM »
Hi richardsheperd  i have just seen a video on utube on a Honda Civic with the same problem no horn on cruise control  it was the clock spring put a new one in it ok every think working again .

guest4871

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 04:57:11 PM »
What's "the clock spring" please?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 05:51:44 PM »
What's "the clock spring" please?

It's the bit carrying the control wires to the steering wheel for the airbag and control buttons, horn etc. like a flat ribbon cable that looks like a clock spring and allows the wheel to turn more than one revolution...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything