Author Topic: Have you seen one yet?  (Read 53126 times)

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: Have you seen one yet?
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2016, 10:04:13 AM »
In Italy, the Jazzes I've seen could be counted with the fingers of a inattentive carpenter...

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2016, 11:35:47 AM »
In Italy, the Jazzes I've seen could be counted with the fingers of a inattentive carpenter...

But you would need bare feet to count the FIATs (Fix It Again Tomorrow).

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2016, 11:58:21 AM »
Yes, obviously in Italy Fiat is  the best player.. Italians still feel it as a good brand and some models (500, Panda) are good cars. But crossing Alps, market and numbers become very different.
Anyway I remember that in UK Nissan, Toyotas and Hondas are very common, maybe because Sunderland, Burnaston and Swindon transplants  are considered home brands... If you see car statistics, one european Honda is sold in UK and two in the other whole europe.
In Italy I see many CRVs, some Civics, some mk1 and mk2 Jazz but only few new HRV and Mk3 Jazz. If you ask me some numbers, I have seen 3 new HRVs and less than 10 Jazz... and I live in a big city, not in the country.
Soon I will order a Jazz, and low honda's sales are good for me; they mean lower prices and less possibilities of being stolen.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2016, 01:10:02 PM »
Yes, obviously in Italy Fiat is  the best player.. Italians still feel it as a good brand and some models (500, Panda) are good cars. But crossing Alps, market and numbers become very different.

Fiat really only make one car these days,  the 500 and variants of 500,  a lot made in Poland. 

Providing they fit their needs people should buy cars that are made in their country,  even by a foreign manufacturer because they give jobs to help the skill base and economy.  We in the UK are very promiscuous with our car buying and happily buy imports (how much of it is badge snobbery ?),  whereas French, German, and Italian are more parochial and you could say patriotic when buying cars.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2016, 01:46:26 PM »
Fiat really only make one car these days,  the 500 and variants of 500,  a lot made in Poland. 
500 is made in Poland as its variant Lancia Y (I think it's not imported in UK), the other 500's variant Panda come from Pomigliano, the old Alfa 147 and 156 plant. 500L come from Serbia, Punto and 500X from Melfi plant (Italy) but  they are not 500's variants, they only recall it for styling.  Giulietta and new Giulia come from Cassino, the new Tipo and Doblò come from Turkey.
Providing they fit their needs people should buy cars that are made in their country,  even by a foreign manufacturer because they give jobs to help the skill base and economy.  We in the UK are very promiscuous with our car buying and happily buy imports (how much of it is badge snobbery ?),  whereas French, German, and Italian are more parochial and you could say patriotic when buying cars.
I don't care about brands and countries, I give my money to the best manufacturer considering only my technical  needs and my budget. Ten years ago the Clio was my best buy, now I will change it for a Jazz.
I know that many people take care of the country, some italians prefer italian cars, some french prefer french cars. Maybe the country is one of their needs..  ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:07:57 AM by jazzaro »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2016, 01:52:32 PM »
Don't forget that Ferrari, Maserati, De Tomaso and a few other brands are owned by FIAT. The new 124 Spider and Tipo are good looking cars soon to arrive in the UK.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2016, 02:00:21 PM »
Don't forget that Ferrari, Maserati, De Tomaso and a few other brands are owned by FIAT. The new 124 Spider and Tipo are good looking cars soon to arrive in the UK.
De Tomaso is a dead brand, they declared banktrupt some years ago.
Ferrari has a very particular production and they keep it strictly separated from all other brands, both technically and economically.
Maserati is very small brand, it should fight against Porsche but numbers are very low.
124 is a Mazda Miata, built in Hiroshima with italian engines and tuning. And I prefer the original one...

guest1372

« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2016, 12:40:28 AM »
Although this Honda press release seems overly impressed with current Italian sales volumes.

Honda sets the pace across Europe (18 April 2016)

Following a full refresh of its car range Honda has sprinted out of the blocks in early 2016, making it one of the fastest growing mainstream car brands in Europe.  All five of the main car markets in Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) saw sales increase for the Honda brand.  Italy was a particular highlight with an astonishing 108 per cent increase**, driven by demand across the whole Honda car range.

Honda recorded total sales in EU and EFTA countries of 49,836 units*, an increase of 28.1 per cent compared to 2015

The figures outside of UK are not great.

*Official sales figures, March YTD (provided by ACEA)

Honda Europe (excl. Russia, Turkey and Ukraine)
49,836  +28.1%

**Honda sales by major European market March YTD (Internal Honda registration data)
UK       19,742  +14.7%
Germany   8,582  +41.2%
France    2,158  +24.7%
Italy     2,447 +108.8%  (So that must have been 1172 in the same period last year)
Spain     2,515  +34.5%

--
TG

dzidrisiya

• Registered Member
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2016, 11:32:43 AM »
Many people who work for a living may not see new Jazzes as they are mostly purchased by retired people who drive at different times to working people LOL - go to National Trust carparks and you will see them by the dozen.
Yup....i must remember to remove my straw hat, walking stick and Zimmer frame from the back of the car on my way to work

Please don't generalise culzean

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2016, 04:46:48 PM »
Many people who work for a living may not see new Jazzes as they are mostly purchased by retired people who drive at different times to working people LOL - go to National Trust carparks and you will see them by the dozen.
Yup....i must remember to remove my straw hat, walking stick and Zimmer frame from the back of the car on my way to work

Please don't generalise culzean

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

That post was very 'tongue in cheek'

But sometimes generalisations can be truer than you think - and a generalisation will just cover majority of cases, not outlying ones - like a 17 year old who bought it new as their first car etc (or more likely their parents bought it for them).  It is an undeniable fact that in UK (not Asia and some other places) the Jazz is normally bought new by people over 50, whether younger people will buy that same car second hand at a lower price is neither here nor there, because we were talking about a newly introduced model.

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/motoring/motoring-features/why-is-the-honda-jazz-so-popular-with-pensioners-11363996377903

Apparently 64% of Honda Fit drivers in USA are college graduates and median age of buyers is 48,  so mere babes in arms compared to UK Jazz buyers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:52:16 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2016, 04:44:43 PM »
Saw my first 66 plate Jazz today - parked next to an orange SE at a farm shop at Holt Heath, Worcestershire.

trebor1652

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2016, 01:52:14 PM »
Sunset Orange one again today, I still think it would have been better if it had been in metallic finish instead of the flat colour.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2016, 07:03:56 PM »
We had a Blaze Orange MK 1 jazz. That was metallic. Only ever saw one other in that colour, so it was not popular but we liked it. Easy to find in the car park.

guest6316

« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2016, 06:41:53 AM »
Clocked a white one in my area the other day, so that's two counting mine.

trebor1652

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2016, 06:11:58 PM »
Tinted silver one today, twice (same one) now I know what mine looks like on the road.😋😂

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Tags:

anything