Author Topic: My Previous Hondas  (Read 8286 times)

guest3080

My Previous Hondas
« on: February 20, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
EG Civic 1.5 VTI JDM

EJ Civic Coupe 1.6

CRX Del Sol SiR JDM

CRX Del Sol VXi JDM

CRX Del Sol SiR JDM

guest331

• Topic Starter
Re: My Previous Hondas
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:53:36 PM »
Ace line up of hondas youve had -  cool 8)

guest3080

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:59:23 AM »
Thanks!

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 09:04:10 AM »
very  8)

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 09:47:19 AM »
Very nice danny.. and i bet every one of them was a pleasure to own with no reliablity issues at all? all mine over the years have never missed a beat.... my wifes GD '02 1.4 DSI SE jazz has just got back from its service and MOT.. 103,000 miles, no advisories, passed with flying colours, just had the original japanese water/coolant flushed and replaced again with 10yr antifreeze..... good do!!  ;D

guest3080

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:23:36 PM »
Yeah they were all great, i miss the del sols more than anything! But had to get rid of them due to missus being pregnant at the time!

My jazz had MOT on 7/2 and passed fine! Although it did go into Preston Honda the week after for gearbox bearings to be replaced FOC under warranty. I had clutch done at same time too so that should be good for many a year to come!

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »
Yes, the del sols were cracking little motors.. ahead of their time! i loved the roof section that electrically gets lifted out with the two bars!! its like a fork lift truck doing the job!!  ;D lol. Its handy having the preston honda dealer now on blackpool road isn't it? i really miss riding and co.. they were great....  :D

guest3080

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »
All 3 of my del sols were manual roof... the lighter model!

I used to work at Riding & Co!!

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 08:14:01 AM »
Yes, i can beleive that! must have been a big motor, and link arms etc for just lifting a roof panel out... looked pretty cooll though... like something from thunderbirds!!! lol.  ;)
You worked there?? i probably saw you, i was always popping in for little bits! the trade counter did me a great deal on a rear spoiler once for my 95 civic 1.4 5dr, it was silver, i got it re-sprayed green... then i sold the car, and bought a silver civic 5dr with no spoiler from riding and co.... typical!!  :'(

guest3080

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 08:12:10 PM »
Yeah i worked there around 2001 in sales administration.

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 08:25:24 AM »
Thats about the time i bought that spoiler! lol. I remember buying the silver S Reg civic from there... i had the sales man in and out of the office, hammering out a deal!! in the end mr riding came out of the offices with his hands in the air, saying "i cant give you anymore!" lol. they did me a good deal, and the after sales were great... i would still be getting my cars from there if it was still open, instead i bought my jazz from blackpool honda this time and did not receive the same care this time.. a bit of a "i don't want to know" attitude after buying the car... they even handed it over to me with defective brakes!! and they did not address issues i had pointed out on the body work, i wrote a big letter of complaint to the manager and he just ignored it and took no corrective action... i will be reluctant to buy a car from them again.. my neighbour wont be dealing with them again, he goes to greenacre honda in blackburn... he is picking his brand new jazz EX-L with sat nav up from there tomorrow! cant wait to see it...  ;D

guest3080

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 07:51:16 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean with bpool honda. I got mine from there. Since then I've always used preston honda who gave an excellent service!!

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »
Apparantley preston honda are owned by blackpool honda (cox motor group) but they seem to be the best of the blackpool bunch at the preston branch...  ;)

guest3080

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 10:20:06 PM »
Yeah thats right.
My Jazz went in to Preston Honda the other week to have gearbox bearings replaced under warranty. Was absolutely no hassle at all, got a Jazz as a courtesy car too!

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 08:23:01 AM »
Nice one dan, did you enjoy the GE? great drive aren't they?  ;) ;D

Tags: