Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
There have also been very similar reports with the latest 11G Civic

When those with dashcams checked it was with a 10G Civic in front when stationary at lights / junctions
Hello,

The red overheating lamp on my 2013 Jazz has come on a few times in the past year but the garage has no idea what the problem could be.  Most recently (last Sunday) I was driving in light traffic along the M25 anticlockwise towards Gatwick Airport when it suddenly came on at the M23 junction. I'd not been going much over 2000 rpm and 65 mph. Anyway I pulled over in one of those emergency laybys and let the engine cool down, although there was no steam coming out, the coolant was only halfway up the overflow tank, and the engine didn't seem overly hot. After about 10 minutes, I started the engine and the lamp had cleared. Thereafter, I hobbled along at 50mph to the next junction before returning home via A roads. On the way back, I noticed the lamp came on again when going uphill but would clear when coming back down.

The other two times it came on were briefly when driving on the North Circular in February, and before that in November under very similar circumstances to Sunday when I was on the M23 (again) heading towards Brighton.   

I explained all this to my local garage but they told me they'd never seen it happen with a Honda Jazz, and that I'd need to bring the car in with the lamp on if they were to catch it in the diagnostics. They did check the coolant level and the dipstick but found no issues. I called the local Honda service department and was told me pretty much the same thing (also wanted to charge me £150 for the diagnostics test!)  Problem is that I only go for long drives, where the lamp is likely to come on, on weekends when the garages are shut.  I don't want to risk it.

[TL;DR] 2013 Jazz mk3. Overheating lamp sometimes comes on under pretty normal driving conditions. Local garage and Honda Service can't tell me why.

Any advice on what the problem could be, and how I might go about getting it fixed? Wife was not best pleased when it ran aground last weekend! >:(

Thanks in advance.

Ted

EDIT: Apparently this is a Mk2, not a Mk3. I get confused. Sorry. I'll post this in that forum.
I have this problem in my mk3 with collision warning and parking sensors when stopped behind Audis,  BMW's and Teslas.
One possibility is worn out rear spark plugs.

They take 8 plugs and the top set are usually replaced and rear set neglected.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: key battery
« Last post by Kremmen on May 23, 2024, 02:57:37 PM »
Did mine last year

Don't recall any issues but it was indoors with all the tools round me
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: key battery
« Last post by Spodric on May 23, 2024, 02:19:02 PM »
I have had to replace the battery twice. I also carry a spare 2032 in the car.

A flat screwdriver is easier to split the casing with than a coin.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by peteo48 on May 23, 2024, 12:40:07 PM »
Last couple of times I refuelled I forgot to record my mileage so couldn't update spritmonitor. I do such a small mileage I've decided to stop updating this - it's a bit of a faff and my tiny annual mileage makes it less important in a way.

What I can tell you is that, over 4600 miles, the computer is 3.6 mpg optimistic. Trip B shows an overall mpg of 59 exactly and the brim to brim figure is 55.4 over that distance.

It's more accurate, slightly, than my MK3 was although there is not much in it. I'm content to just knock 4 mpg off the car's calculation to give me, as near as makes no difference, a reliable mpg figure.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: New wheel
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on May 23, 2024, 11:41:38 AM »
Thinking outside the box.  You could buy a new set of 4 after market alloys for not much more than £460 or 4 used Honda originals of a different design. 

Then get some of your money back selling the 3 Honda originals individually  on ebay. 

Or ,depending on how long you intend keeping the car, whether tyres need replacing, do you have storage space etc   maybe buy  a set of after market alloys  and decent tyres  (all seasons?   ;))    Then when the car is sold  refit the original wheels   and retain the other set  to sell or fit to your next car.  Carefully planned it might save you from buying new tyres that mainly benefit the next owner. 
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by Toptek on May 23, 2024, 11:20:39 AM »
It might be best to test the voltage of the main battery in the morning, before it recharges somewhat on the trip to the dealer. I think that battery performance is a bit like a cliff edge, seemingly OK then it's a steep drop off.
When I looked at our history documents, I found out the battery was nine years old and mostly driven very short distances.
It's hindsight, but if I knew of I would have fitted a trickle charger like I have done now. There's a quick disconnect  SAE cable on the battery for ease and I charge the battery every now and again.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Honda jazz 2007 automatic idle to drive problems
« Last post by Haz on May 23, 2024, 10:36:42 AM »
There is also a tinny noise when accelerating. MAF was checked and EGR was cleaned and checked. Apparently no issues.
What I find hard to come to terms with is, how does none of the mechanics I’ve been to, do not know what the problem is!!! It’s so frustrating! Driving this morning was doing the same thing again! But settled slightly, no doubt I’ll drive home and it will do the same again. All I’m being told is to keep revs up 🫣 I appreciate all your replies so much
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10