Author Topic: Should I change my jazz ex manual, to civic ex cvt  (Read 2947 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Should I change my jazz ex manual, to civic ex cvt
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2021, 02:48:30 PM »
I still enjoy the Jazz, just a shame they have spoilt it, with the new hybrid model, which to me looks pig ugly, and wanting to charge well in excess of £20k for a top spec
What about the Crosstar which has a more normal looking front (and heated seats)? It would be worthwhile test driving one as you'll discover that the hybrid system provides a more driveable vehicle with a load of low-end torque.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Basil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.2 S Mk2 - GG5 & 1.5 Sport Mk3 - GK5
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 05:44:35 PM »

dont forget the civic has a direct injection engine too that cokes up also a turbo which is less reliable than naturally aspirated

What type of fuel injection is on the Jazz (i-VTEC 1.2 / 1.4 and Mk 3 1.3) and what are the pros and cons of each ?

Doesn't the 1.0 turbo also have a cam belt which needs changing at 75k ?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 06:43:42 PM »
which to me looks pig ugly
Never something that has bothered me about a car. It is like saying that's an ugly hammer. It is a tool for doing a job, and as long as it does it well, it doesn't really matter what it looks like.

Jazz999

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mark3 s
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 08:48:24 PM »
which to me looks pig ugly
Never something that has bothered me about a car. It is like saying that's an ugly hammer. It is a tool for doing a job, and as long as it does it well, it doesn't really matter what it looks like.
[/quote

Yes but I don't mind paying 10 quid for a ugly hammer, however a totally different matter when paying over 20 grand ]

Jazz999

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2021, 08:53:24 PM »
I still enjoy the Jazz, just a shame they have spoilt it, with the new hybrid model, which to me looks pig ugly, and wanting to charge well in excess of £20k for a top spec
What about the Crosstar which has a more normal looking front (and heated seats)? It would be worthwhile test driving one as you'll discover that the hybrid system provides a more driveable vehicle with a load of low-end torque.

I really can't justify paying well in excess of £20k for a top of range crosstar,  hybrids and electric are grossly overpriced at the moment because it's new.. I might be tempted when the prices come down ..or maybe even think about a jazz again, once they change the hidious front , and bring the prices down to petrol car prices..

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2021, 10:25:48 PM »
My Volvo had heated seats, and on a cold morning within a mile, my back was roasting. Great for the aches and pains.

Get yourself a pair of heated seat pads. I just ordered a pair for my Dad, and a pair for the other half for the Jazz!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2021, 10:59:15 PM »
Get yourself a pair of heated seat pads.
I'd probably have to get myself a new battery as well.  :D

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2021, 11:19:16 PM »
Get yourself a pair of heated seat pads.
I'd probably have to get myself a new battery as well.  :D

Well, other half's mk2 battery isn't much different, so I'll let you know if she ends up stranded  ;)

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2021, 10:17:58 AM »

dont forget the civic has a direct injection engine too that cokes up also a turbo which is less reliable than naturally aspirated

What type of fuel injection is on the Jazz (i-VTEC 1.2 / 1.4 and Mk 3 1.3) and what are the pros and cons of each ?

Doesn't the 1.0 turbo also have a cam belt which needs changing at 75k ?

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12119.msg83346#msg83346
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 02:18:50 PM »
If you are anything like me, when you fancy a change your mind's made up. I really fancied a Civic but when I went to the dealers I got hooked on my Ex Navi Jazz.
Have to agree with you, the car has to look the bees knees, something you lock, walk away and keep glancing back at.

Others may not like your choice at all but that doesn't matter, it's what you like that counts.

My advice would be to check all the reviews on the internet and ask questions on Civic Forums and you'll get all the answers on reliability and performance.
Just test drive the CVT before you buy as they are not to everyone's liking, I absolutely love mine.

Harry

Jazz999

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2021, 09:49:13 PM »
If you are anything like me, when you fancy a change your mind's made up. I really fancied a Civic but when I went to the dealers I got hooked on my Ex Navi Jazz.
Have to agree with you, the car has to look the bees knees, something you lock, walk away and keep glancing back at.

Others may not like your choice at all but that doesn't matter, it's what you like that counts.

My advice would be to check all the reviews on the internet and ask questions on Civic Forums and you'll get all the answers on reliability and performance.
Just test drive the CVT before you buy as they are not to everyone's liking, I absolutely love mine.

Harry

Yes, I have looked at loads of reviews, they all saying the same thing, with slow infotainment screen, screaming revving on the CVT , air/ con breaking , low driving position..firm ride..So I asked on here, as a lot of Honda owners, tend to stay brand loyal, as I have done for the last 8 years, but I think it may be time to change this, due to honda not tempting me with a car at the right price.. hybrid are a complete waste of cash to me

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2021, 07:33:48 AM »
To be fair Jazz999, if you have a budget of circa £20k, you have a vast array of options available to you. Honda HRV and CRV with low mileages at 1 or 2 yrs old. The option of a brand new car with a 7year warranty like a Kia Ceed, or the Kona and some change left over!

Fancy something a bit more 'prestige'? How about a year old Mercedes A Class at your budget, nearly new BMW 2 series Active Tourer or Lexus CT200h.

£15k puts you in a low mileage Auris Hybrid that is a safe eco friendly bet that will last for ever.

I would echo what Happyarry says "Others may not like your choice at all but that doesn't matter, it's what you like that counts."

Fire up Parkers guide, Honest John, Autocar and Autotrader. There are lots of options.  :D

Jazz999

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2021, 07:24:05 PM »
To be fair Jazz999, if you have a budget of circa £20k, you have a vast array of options available to you. Honda HRV and CRV with low mileages at 1 or 2 yrs old. The option of a brand new car with a 7year warranty like a Kia Ceed, or the Kona and some change left over!

Fancy something a bit more 'prestige'? How about a year old Mercedes A Class at your budget, nearly new BMW 2 series Active Tourer or Lexus CT200h.

£15k puts you in a low mileage Auris Hybrid that is a safe eco friendly bet that will last for ever.

I would echo what Happyarry says "Others may not like your choice at all but that doesn't matter, it's what you like that counts."

Fire up Parkders guide, Honest John, Autocar and Autotrader. There are lots of options.  :D

Yes, u have also looked at mercedes A class, and Audi A3, and both are lovely quality cars, but bells and whistles nowhere near as good as Honda, unless you want to pay through the nose , and services costs are outrageous...

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2021, 09:06:02 AM »
Yes, u have also looked at mercedes A class, and Audi A3, and both are lovely quality cars, but bells and whistles nowhere near as good as Honda, unless you want to pay through the nose , and services costs are outrageous...
Ah, well personaly I've never been interested in bells and whistles. All cars these days have way more kit than I want.

The A class and A3 are not expensive for service parts, and once out of warranty, a decent independent garage can service for you at massive savings from franchise dealers. 

Tags:

anything