Author Topic: 06 Sport - Outside Tempreture Reading Incorrectly., Minus figures when its not?  (Read 2143 times)

guest4997

Hi Guys,

Firstly, Happy New Year chaps!

I have bit of an odd issue. My 2006 Jazz Sport is displaying the outside temperature incorrectly. Its telling me the temperature in minus figures when its not? This morning I starting the car and it had displayed -9. You would certainly know if it was -9 degrees outside. It amuses me if anything lol. I checked it with my phone and phone was showing me that it was 6 degree outside. So its way out!

Question is, why is it doing it and is there a way I can restart it? Or just unplug the car battery for 5-10 minutes?

Thanks,
Arif

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
I don't think it is adjustable on the GD as it is on the GE but that is long way out.

The sensor is somewhere up front below and behind the bodywork.

Perhaps someone on here knows where it is exactly so that you may be able to gently warm it with, say, hand heat to see if it alters.

Vic.

guest4283

• Topic Starter
Temp sensor is located on the back of the front bumper crossmember, so you'll need to jack car up and onto axle stands to access. Temp sensor can be unplugged from wiring.

When I jack my car I use home-made  wooden ramps, then use a jack with homemade wooden (marine board) buffer under the engine crossmember to jack it up onto the axle stands.

Manual says to use the radiator crossmember to jack from, but other people have said it is not strong enough and bends.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
I used to have a  2006 Jazz and from what I can remember the temperature reading can be adjusted but only by about 3 degrees. I can't remember how to do it but the procedure is in the handbook.

guest4997

• Topic Starter
Thanks for the guidance guys, ill give it a try at the weekend. And will let you know how I got on, this may even help someone with the same issue later.

Tags:

anything