Author Topic: How to remove drivers door trim?  (Read 3796 times)

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
How to remove drivers door trim?
« on: November 14, 2007, 07:33:13 PM »
We have a 2006 Jazz SE spec inorder to fit another door mirror I need to remove the drivers door trim, anyone tackled this ‘5 minute’ job?

Your advice welcomed plus any tips & tricks to ease the task esp. on the technique to remove the Honda trim fasteners
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 03:36:24 PM by RichardA »

guest229

Re: [HOW TO:] Drivers door trim removal
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 08:12:12 PM »
Reference removing door cards.—-I found auseful tool for releasing these kind of fasteners on a market tool stall it is made by a company called AM-TECH it cost a couple of pounds or so and it has been invaluable for this kind of job. Last used on my new Jazz whilst fitting rear parking sensors to release the rear sill finisher.

olduser1

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 08:34:12 PM »
Is the item from AM Tech like this draper trim removal tool?
I was going to modify as per Snap On tool

Also any comments on fitting the parking sensors to your Jazz I have order aset and plan to fit this weekend weather permitting

guest229

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 01:44:12 PM »
Olduser 1—The “business” end is the same, the draper looks a better bet as the body will slide easier between the card and the door frame.
Other than my input earlier in the month under “rear parking sensors” the only thing I can add is to advise you to fit the buzzer under the bulb access panel on the nearside ,there is a handy screw for attachment. I assume you have downloaded the d.i.y.instructions from Parking-E website. Best of luck.

olduser1

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 07:56:12 PM »
-ivorbeck …
many thanks for the advice.

Tags: