Author Topic: Garyman's GE6 Jazz build/progress thread  (Read 119513 times)

guest3040

Re: Garyman's GE6 Jazz- J's Racing/Mugen-ised - page 3
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2012, 04:53:51 PM »
Ooh, very nice!  ;)  Are they Rota Torques?
Have you lowered the car, or are you running bigger diameter tyres? The arch gap has reduced quite a bit.

Looking cool!  8)

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2012, 04:58:18 PM »
Only change was the alloys-

Oz Superleggeras 17" x 7, 4x100 ET 37 with Good year eagle F1 205/45/17

The arch gap is now where I want it to be but at the expense of added weight and boy do I feel it!!

Going to run with the Oz for a couple of weeks and see how badly my MPG suffer but considering I've already noticed the difference, I feel the NT03 will be back very soon and the Oz going for sale as much as the Superleggeras being one of my favourite wheels.

guest3040

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2012, 05:07:21 PM »
Oops... My bad.  I should have recognised them as OZ Superleggeras. One of my friends has a set on his Civic.
They do look smart though.  ;)

guest2898

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2012, 09:04:21 AM »
Very nice..  :D they suit the car so much better than the originals... as stated, they fill the arch's nicely, looking good... ;)

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2012, 09:37:46 AM »
Hey Gaz- when you say the originals- do you mean the OEM or NT03?

I'm actually swaying towards putting the NT03 back on as I've noticed such a difference with the Oz  :(

guest2898

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2012, 09:57:50 AM »
Sorry mate, i meant the OEM's  these new wheels look the buisness, but not a massive amount of difference between them and the NT03's, if its affecting the drive and most of all the MPG, it may well be wise to switch back to them... maybe lower the car a tad to acheive the same look of these very smart alloys...  ;)

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2012, 10:33:06 AM »
Ah- i see.

The car has already been lowered and I dont want to do anymore to the spring/suspension so just going to have to live with the gap when I put the NT03 back on.

As I've already mentioned, I really love the look of the car now with the 17" and pretty perfect imo but not at the expense of mpg so just have to settle with the 15" although saying that, I still have a set of 16" that I could try lol  ;D

guest2898

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2012, 12:11:44 PM »
16s eh?? worth a try!!  ;) :D lol.

guest3040

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2012, 01:28:42 PM »
If you like the wheels, why don't you just change the tyres?
It's the larger rolling radius that is causing your problems (slower acceleration etc).

The stock tyres on my Jazz with steel wheels were 175/65/14, so if you could change to 205/35/17 or 195/40/17 you would be almost spot on the correct size.

Here is a really useful link: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html A tyre size calculator.  ;)

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2012, 10:37:40 AM »
Cant believe its coming to 3 years already since I got the Jazz.

Took her into my local honda dealer for its 3rd year service and MOT earlier and happy to report not a single problem.

I had an advisory item:

"Offside (inner) front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged, but preventing the ingress of dirt"

No idea what that is and they said it was nothing of concern so didnt think anything of it.

However, just got a call saying that my part has come in and ask me to come in and get it swapped over as they doing it under warrenty

guest3121

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »
I believe that's called a CV boot in some other terminology! :/ I failed the MOT equivalent we have over here in Ireland, called the NCT, because the boot was ripped! It's easily done I guess, the nasty roads we have over here!

guest3080

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2012, 07:49:11 PM »
Looking good Gary,
What did you end up doing with your Buddyclub wheels?

We've got a full Mugen kit for the GD in at our place which inc front and rear bumpers, side skirts, grill and spoiler... im so tempted but would rather sell it to make someone's day !!

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2012, 08:12:23 PM »
The Buddyclubs are still sitting around in my office at work- been there for good part of a year!

Had few interest but nothing concrete so just sitting there until it gets sold really

You interested? Yours for only £400 delivered  ;D

Out of interest- what you pricing the Mugen kit for?

guest3080

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2012, 08:17:44 PM »
The Buddyclubs are still sitting around in my office at work- been there for good part of a year!

Had few interest but nothing concrete so just sitting there until it gets sold really

You interested? Yours for only £400 delivered  ;D

Out of interest- what you pricing the Mugen kit for?

Ha i'd love to get the Buddyclubs from you... we stock them here though! and to be honest, im busy saving for a new shotgun  ::)

Regards the mugen kit... we're open to a decent offer. We ordered it for a customer who unfortunately wrote his Jazz off before we had chance to fit it. So its just sat here doing nowt. We also have a lovely TRD kit for a Yaris  :P

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2012, 08:14:21 AM »
Well, I've just order what should be the final piece of the jigsaw.

No idea how long its going to take to be delivered- maybe 3 days, maybe 3 months but will update thread when it comes.

Any guesses what this could be?  ;D

Tags:

anything