Author Topic: loud click from a/c compressor  (Read 755 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
loud click from a/c compressor
« on: May 01, 2020, 04:41:28 PM »
anyone else get a louder than normal click when they first turn the a/c on from the compresor clutch when you leave the car for a while, it is ok after the first click and cycles ok on and off

i do use the a/c all the time summer and winter so it is not due to under use (well apart from at the moment) and i also turn the a/c off a few mins before i park the car and turn the engine off as i heared ages ago that it is good for the a/c system to do that

cheers
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:12:39 PM by monkeydave »

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: loud click from a/c compressor
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 05:55:13 PM »
anyone else get a louder than normal click when they first turn the a/c on from the compresor clutch when you leave the car for a while, it is ok after the first click and cycles ok on and off

i do use the a/c all the time summer and winter so it is not due to under use (well apart from at the moment) and i also turn the a/c off a few mins before i park the car and turn the engine off as i heared ages ago that it is good for the a/c system to do that

cheers

never noticed the first louder click,  could be that the clutch armature has been in one place for a time and sort of stuck a bit, and does not release as easy as usual  so when it does move to the compressor face it is with a bit more force than usual.  As long as it is OK after initial click 'don't sweat the small stuff'....

The aircon itself is not bothered about being turned of for last mile or so,  but it does allow the 'cold side'  heat exchanger inside car to dry out - and it may well stop the aircon getting smelly and also stop the initial misting of screen that sometimes happens when you start car again....
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
Re: loud click from a/c compressor
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 06:05:02 PM »
thanks for your reply  :)

i do start the a/c for the first time just after i start the engine whilst parked and not driving, so that might make it less noticable for you if you put your a/c on for the first time as your driving along
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 06:20:25 PM by monkeydave »

Tags:

anything