Author Topic: My Jazz SR arrived yesterday  (Read 6676 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: My Jazz SR arrived yesterday
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2020, 11:26:08 AM »
Great for your local but not worth the effort here. Last winter we had about 3 or 4 nights where the temperature fell below zero. Add to that, most cars are parked in the street. Nice to have the heater working as soon as you get in though.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2020, 06:42:40 PM »
Yes I know it is not suitable for street parking and rather overexaggerating for UK weather, but nevertheless useful if someone wants to keep the fuel consupmtion, emissions and engine wear low and get heater working immediately. Some say that it is worthwhile to pre-heat already in +5 C, only 30-40 minutes is enough.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2020, 09:14:16 PM »
In principle I agree that pre-warming is a good idea but one might discover that the cost of the electricity used is more than the value of petrol saved. Keeping the vehicle in a garage is another option (but where would I put all the clutter) and either option doesn't work when away from home.

I'm disappointed, however, that Honda haven't provided special measures to help the engine compartment warm up more quickly given that included something on the CR-V. Perhaps they couldn't squeeze something in.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:16:55 PM by John Ratsey »
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2020, 04:39:35 AM »
In principle I agree that pre-warming is a good idea but one might discover that the cost of the electricity used is more than the value of petrol saved.

That need to be calculated based on local prices and fuel consumption of the car in case of  a cold start. Here the cost of one hour pre-heating with standard 500 W block heater equals to cost of 0,1 liter petrol, which can easily be saved when starting a warmish engine instead of a cold one.

Tags:

anything