Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Alarms and problems
« Last post by chrisv on Today at 05:11:24 PM »
Hi,
Probably been asked before but bare with me.came home from shopping, put stuff away, sat down for a cuppa and the car alarm went off. Went out and switched it off, I hadn't realised it had an alarm, never heard it before.checked all the doors etc. , locked it up with the fob as normal, a few minutes later it went off again.all the door open indicators were working normally, looked at the bonnet sensor, unplugged it and a bit later it went off again, bridged the plug and as expected the alarm went off. From all this I take it that all sensors are ok. I've been on line and it's confusing to say the least, my car shouldn't have an alarm, people are saying that their car doesn't have an alarm. I wish mine didn't, it has the immobiliser and double locking. Anyway I gave up and booked it in with honda for Monday morning but I'm reluctant to pay for expensive parts on a 2011 car. Hoping they can just disconnect it, any ideas welcome. PS locking with the key sets the alarm,
Chris
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on Today at 05:07:38 PM »
I just got a really good p/ex on my Crosstar and the dealership said it was just the type of car they wanted, I would try shopping somewhere else!
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Corroded caliper piston
« Last post by monkey64 on Today at 04:59:06 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their help.

I punched my car details into Bigg Red and it gave me a suitable kit, which I bought.  The pistons from the car measure 30.2mm diameter but Bigg Red has their https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282909992330 replacement listed as 30mm diameter.  Difficult to know whether it's going to fit...

« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 04:37:43 PM »
Many dealerships don't want p/ex or do deals they are transfixed with selling finance add ons etc, the vehicle is an inconvenience.
« Last post by ninanina on Today at 04:12:46 PM »
I still have had no response from the dealer regarding their best price which they were supposed to be emailing to me

If I don’t ever hear from them again then I will just give up; if it’s that difficult to potentially part with cash it gives me no confidence with them with after sales service either
« Last post by Brakballe on Today at 04:05:55 PM »
I forgot to add this golden quote: "The cause of the corroded pistons is moisture in the brake fluid and is why the fluid should be replaced every few years. This is also to avoid brake failure, where the heat of continous braking builds up and the moisture in the fluid boils and becomes a gas and then compresses and you "run out of brake pedal" and it hits the floor."

I replace every 4'th year and never see any piston corrosion.
Gallery / Not everyday you see the same-ish jazz as you!
« Last post by jazzgd5 on Today at 01:30:51 PM »
Only difference I found out was this guy had the 1.4 Sport whereas I have the base model 1.2 S. Both in sparkle grey with the only cosmetic differences being the mirrors and the spoiler, Im surprised as to why this sport didn't come with the sport body kit but came with the spoiler. Any knowledge on this would be nice.
« Last post by embee on Today at 12:04:59 PM »
As said by others,  a new piston and seals stand a good chance of fixing it. Make sure the seal groove is clean and free of crud. Use red rubber grease to assemble things,  not brake fluid (it absorbs moisture and tends to lead to more corrosion).
I recently got some caliper rebuild kits for a different car from  frentech (they seem to retail through an ebay shop). Parts seem to be excellent quality.
Dealers & Insurance / Re: Insurance shock.
« Last post by Neil Ives on Today at 11:40:32 AM »
I've just received my renewal quote from AA insurance. Last year I ignored the notice and the insurance auto renewed at £669. I was shocked because that was much higher than the previous years premium. This years quote is £1,104!   :o I will be shopping around.
« Last post by GBH on Today at 10:00:33 AM »
Agree with both the above posters. Providing the caliper bores are not too far gone then rebuild kits with replacement pistons (do both sides to avoid having to do much of the work again later - such as waiting for a dry day, jacking up and crawling underneath, bleeding the whole system etc.).

The cause of the corroded pistons is moisture in the brake fluid and is why the fluid should be replaced every few years. This is also to avoid brake failure, where the heat of continous braking builds up and the moisture in the fluid boils and becomes a gas and then compresses and you "run out of brake pedal" and it hits the floor.

I believe BiggRed (as mentioned above) supply rebuilt calipers and if they can that would be the way to go if you don't fancy rebuilding yours, although they do appear to stock a wide variety of various rebuild kits.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10