Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Carb flooded.
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 06:34:27 PM »
I'm far from an expert but I have never heard of a car with electronic fuel injection being 'flooded'.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Carb flooded.
« Last post by BlueMonday on Today at 06:31:43 PM »
I have had my Honda Jazz for almost 2 years and it has started straight away every time.
When I turn the ignition I do not need to depress the accelerator.
Last Sunday I needed to check the mileage and did not realise it could be done without starting the engine. You live and learn.
I started the engine, looked a the mileage and turned it straight off.

On Monday I went to start the car to go to work and it would not start, I tried a few times until the battery was getting low, then called the breakdown company.

An engineer came out in about 1 hour and said it was flooded, kept trying to start it until the battery was almost flat, sprayed something into the air filter (high octane?) and used his portable battery pack, had another go and eventually it did start.

He said that if I had left it for half an hour it would probably have started, but I had left it for 1 hour.
I think (and am most probably wrong) that me starting it up and turning it off straight away on Sunday caused the problem, and it had not reset by Monday. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on that.

It has been fine since but I am a bit concerned that it could happen again and I won't be able to start it.

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Steve_M on Today at 05:37:11 PM »
Your Digital Service record can be checked here: https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/digital-service-record.html

You need to have or create a Honda account.
« Last post by JB on Today at 02:43:03 PM »
I thought you can access your service record online now, especially if you have a newer model with no service book
That's exactly what the dealer has told me.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Scratched Infotainment Screen
« Last post by pebbles on Today at 12:08:29 PM »
I've had good results using Meguiar's Plast-RX  with fine scratches.

Needs a fair bit of rubbing with a soft cloth
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 11:58:40 AM »
I thought you can access your service record online now, especially if you have a newer model with no service book
« Last post by Spodric on Today at 11:06:02 AM »
In my case I didn't get an invoice, only a Service Check Sheet. The Honda 5 Year Care Package (an optional extra I paid for) includes free scheduled services for 5 years as well as the extended Warranty.

All the relevant service, recall work, and warranty records must be on Honda's computer database that only the Dealer can access. Including a record of the brake simulator repair under Warranty, for which I have received no paperwork for my own records.

I like keeping full paper records in my file. This newfangled reliance on digital-only record keeping by Honda is frustrating. It seems to me that it is potentially anti-competitive, inasmuch as it might put the Honda customer at a disadvantage when or if the customer wants to trade in the Honda with a different dealer network to buy a different marque. Without relevant paperwork, how can the Honda car owner prove that all these jobs have been carried out by the Honda dealer?
« Last post by RomanianJazz on Today at 10:34:52 AM »
You should have received an invoice for all parts and labor. The brake fluid change will be evident there.
New Members / Re: New member belgium
« Last post by shufty on Today at 10:04:26 AM »
...Greetings ;D
« Last post by Spodric on Today at 09:46:16 AM »
My 2d worth on the brake fluid change query:

My Jazz had its 3 year service last July. That might have included a scheduled brake fluid change. The
relevant box on the Service Check Sheet is ticked. But I can't be absolutely certain about that item.

The electric brake [simulator] [modulator] [servo] [whatever the Dealership likes to call it] failure occurred on 26 March. 7 months and about 3,400 miles had elapsed since the presumed brake fluid change.

If brake failure takes place shortly after a brake fluid change, that could be mere coincidence. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that there is some kind of causation between the two. It could just as easily have been triggered by a deep pothole that gave the faulty part a sudden shock. Mere speculation, obviously. What most of these sudden brake failures have in common is that they took place on engine start-up, while stationary, not while driving the Jazz.

I pressed the brake pedal while pushing the Start button. Gear selector in P and parking brake on. There followed a series of warning bleeps and symbols appearing on the dash display. I suspect that with my foot on the brake pedal, the corroded sensor inside the brake module had started to give the ECU some pressure readings that were abnormal and/or outside the permitted range, so the ECU shut it down and tried to stop the parking brake being released.

Whatever the actual failure mechanism, the Jazz had become undriveable. Attempting to drive it would be very risky. It needed to be recovered and taken to the dealership ASAP. In fact I had to wait 9 days for a workshop appointment. In total I was without the Jazz for 21 days. Not a good experience.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything