Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by zesty_bum on May 13, 2024, 02:48:24 PM »
After some thought I'm going to be less adventurous, and I probably won't go for the JOYING (thanks for the recommendation though UKJim). Main reason is I would like to be able to have some recourse if something goes wrong with the unit - I don't have the skills to troubleshoot and fix myself  ???

Apart from the Alpine ilx-750d system UKJim mentioned, can anyone recommend a good HU that plays nice with wireless CarPlay and wireless Android Auto? Ideally I'd like to keep the cost down to £500 (including parts and labour).

Thanks  :)

What do you expect to go “wrong”? You connect a few cables and customise buttons on the steering wheel. If you brake the OS (not sure how much you would have to be messing around to do so) then just factory restore. Joying is probably the safest option for a valid radio replacement for a Jazz

eskatephil I’ve ordered for AliExpress before, but never electrical items. I worry about the whole returns palava with electrical items (in the event it arrives faulty or goes bust) but perhaps I’m overthinking it.

Any pictures/videos you could share of your fitted JOYING HU?
« Last post by zesty_bum on May 13, 2024, 02:34:46 PM »
UKJim yes, I’m a bit torn between the two now (JOYING and Sony) - this thread is very persuasive  ;D

Any pictures/videos you’re able to share of your working HU?
« Last post by UKjim on May 13, 2024, 02:24:35 PM »
I found an alternative: Sony XAV-AX6050

Anyone had any experiences with this HU?

Going to dig into the specs later but apparently plays nice with wireless CarPlay and Android Auto (which doesn’t always seem to be the case with some of these HUs).
That’s your budget blown, plus £100 for fascia & connecting kit and £150 for installation & you end up with a 7” screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by zesty_bum on May 13, 2024, 02:16:43 PM »
I found an alternative: Sony XAV-AX6050

Anyone had any experiences with this HU?

Going to dig into the specs later but apparently plays nice with wireless CarPlay and Android Auto (which doesn’t always seem to be the case with some of these HUs).

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by ninanina on May 13, 2024, 02:11:05 PM »
That was my thinking embee

I’m actually quite annoyed also that my local dealer has still not been in contact with me after I had a test drive last week

I just wonder if Honda are going to pull out of the UK?  I certainly don’t see many new cars about
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Alpine/HERE map and traffic data
« Last post by Kremmen on May 13, 2024, 01:22:42 PM »
I thought the latest 'Here' based units allow you to connect your smartphone for 'Internet Traffic'

IIRC there is no native traffic
« Last post by embee on May 13, 2024, 12:34:22 PM »
For me it's not an anti-Honda issue per se, it's simply the way they have made a very clear strategic decision to treat their UK customers badly regarding what is documented (by Honda themselves) as a latent manufacturing defect of a major functional system assembly. They know that after 3 or 4 years a very significant number of the affected units will very probably fail and they expect the customer to pick up a very big bill to fix an otherwise useless car, undriveable unless repaired.
Sorry,  not my idea of good customer service. The solution is in their hands, their choice if they wish to maintain their UK market.
I like my mk.3 and intend to keep it,  I'll not be buying a new Honda while the status quo persists.
« Last post by ninanina on May 13, 2024, 11:58:39 AM »
For me, who has now been driving the Jazz EX with a big smile :D (and without any defects) for 33 months, this is starting to look a bit like an anti-Honda troll thread.
I feel really sorry for those who have been confronted with defects, but I am (almost...) certain that there are many more Jazz drivers like me: no problems (so far) and really satisfied...

Absolutely this is not an anti Honda thread

I am in the market for a new, long term, car and the Jazz fitted my needs perfectly
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Alpine/HERE map and traffic data
« Last post by Terryp on May 13, 2024, 11:53:44 AM »
Be nice wouldn’t here, I know google maps etc do the job but for a company like Honda to not already have it is pretty dire for a huge company.

Even if it cost me £20 a year id be happy, at the moment their map system is pathetic.
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on May 13, 2024, 11:51:42 AM »
For me, who has now been driving the Jazz EX with a big smile :D (and without any defects) for 33 months, this is starting to look a bit like an anti-Honda troll thread.
I feel really sorry for those who have been confronted with defects, but I am (almost...) certain that there are many more Jazz drivers like me: no problems (so far) and really satisfied...
I think it's just normal on social media platforms for people to talk about problems rather than just posting how happy they are with the car. Like you, I've not regretted either of my Mk 4 purchases and have had just one problem (with the a/c on my Crosstar) which was fixed under warranty albeit after a bit of a wait for the part. Before I bought my latest Honda I trawled the market for alternatives but couldn't find anything that came close to the quality/spec of the Honda offering for the price.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10