Author Topic: Mk 3 Jazz - with glass panel roof?  (Read 5159 times)

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Mk 3 Jazz - with glass panel roof?
« on: July 11, 2016, 07:15:51 PM »
Hi Richard.

My existing Jazz will be 3 years old in September, which is usually the time when I update my vehicles.
I have been reluctant consider this change to the Mk3 so far, basically because of the lack of sunroof, something I have always had and also concerns on this forum regarding things like, headlights doing their own thing, software problems, 7 step ratio CVT  etc.

Do you any information regarding any future version of the jazz being offered with the sunroof?

Having had 3 Jazz cars so far, i don't particularly want change to another brand, so any information that you have may have on any future versions, would be much appreciated.

Best regards  Ken Toone

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Re: Mk 3 Jazz - with glass panel roof?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 07:30:39 PM »
Cant help on the sunroof question, but just to say I would not be put off a Mk 3 by issues like "headlights doing their own thing, software problems, 7 step ratio CVT  etc."

I think most would say (like me) that they don't have any regrets in spite of the various issues.  I had Mk1 and Mk2 before getting my Mk3, and while it has some issues of its own it also solves issues I had with Mk1 and Mk2.

BTW what is the "7 Step ratio CVT issue"?

guest1372

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 10:43:22 PM »
The sunroof is standard equipment on US EX & EX-L cars, although it does look a bit further back than before.  I don't think there are panoramic roofs in any territory.

Certain options must be deemed by Honda UK to be such low volume, that they just don't bother anymore plus the extra weight might impact the all important CO2 figure.  Personally I love a sunroof for town driving and would not be without one. 

I wouldn't expect a face-lift and alternate options until 2018 at the earliest although the current model is mid-life in Japan, there is a chance that annual upgrades might improve some areas.  If you are happy with your car then keeping it for 5 years instead of 3 could be a smart move, mind you I told myself that back in 2005. 
--
TG

Kenneve

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 07:45:00 AM »
Re the CVT issue, as I understand it from other posts read on this forum, the CVT gearbox on the Mk 3 has been programmed to provide 7 steps in the ratios more akin to a conventional auto box, rather than continuously variable like the Mk1/2 boxes.
To my mind, this is a backward step as the previous box was always in the right ratio for the prevailing conditions. Maybe this has been done to placate those motoring journalists who thought the engine was racing unnecessarily during their road tests.
However I did read on a later post, that on a vehicle with a few thousand miles on the clock, this condition had 'worn off'
Please correct me if I've got this wrong.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 07:59:43 AM »
To avoid hijacking this thread, I have started a new thread to discuss the seven step CVT rumour.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 08:39:35 AM »
Another factor in Honda UK's decision to not import the sun roof version is the impact on the Jazz's generous head room (which, I believe, is slightly less generous for the back seat passengers in the Mk 3 compared to the Mk 2).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 09:18:38 AM »
I have been reluctant consider this change to the Mk3 so far, basically because of the lack of sunroof
That's a shame but I had a Mk2 and all the sun roof did for me was remove a chunk of head room for rear seat passengers :)
headlights doing their own thing
Headlights are much the same as they always were in auto mode. The only difference seems to be that now you don't have much choice about them being in auto mode. The auto mainbeam functionality works very well.
7 step ratio CVT  etc.
That seems to settle down after a few thousand miles. Either that or I've got used to it. There is still one niggle that hits me but not often. Just the occasional reluctance to accelerate and that may be down to my shoes moving on the pedal and hitting the edges of the footwell. The smoothness of the CVT is my main reason for sticking with the Jazz (I'm on my third now!) and after 3,000 miles I'm happy with it now.

The only thing I still dislike about the Jazz is the crappy new boot. The carpeted spare wheel wheel and well constructed folding floor with cargo netting in the Mk2 was brilliant. I've had to reinforce my Mk3 floor with MDF to stop it bending under the weight of my golf bag and am thinking of replacing the floor as another poster on here has.

The infotainment software only bothered for a week and has now settled down but I'm due to get it updated next Monday. So I think I'm now prepared to give the new Jazz a cautious thumbs up. I still feel that Honda have made mistakes with it but I'd suggest you give it a try. It is of course a bit expensive for what it is but then the Jazz nearly always has been :-/

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 09:29:33 AM »
Unlikely to ever see another Jazz with opening sunroof , the unit costs kg's and therefore impacts on the CO2 reading. I would hunt down a run out version of the Mk2 Jazz or even consider a Hybrid.
I avoid buying brand new on cars.

Tags:

anything